Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In: Results

Handmade by Heidi

Judging by my results from last night, it looks like I didn't get a lot done during my Friday Night Sew-In. Maybe for others who put out a lot more than I do, that's true; but I'm pleased that I just got back into my sewing room! After moving twice in one year, moving to a different ministry, and major events happening every month of the past year, either in the ministry or in our family . . . it's been a long time since I've been in any kind of crafting mode.



So I made something for myself last night: a new grocery bag from my favorite Keyka Lou pattern. I made one just like this for my mother-in-law last May (and the same bag with different fabrics for my mom), and I liked the bright colors. It's also very lightweight. I'm pleased with it, and it felt good to just make something without the pressure of its being for someone else or my shop!


Thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for hosting Friday Night Sew-In each month!

4 comments:

  1. What pretty fabric you chose for your shopping bag. And I'll bet it did feel great to be back sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is cute & finished! I never seem to finish items in one sitting. Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower! Have a Great Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supermom ~ Yes it did feel good! Now my head is swirling with ideas! LOL

    Barbara ~ Thanks! There's a mini version now and I'm wanting to make that one too. Love this bag!

    Cherise ~ I am really not too good at finishing, but these little bags are quick and easy, so I finish a lot of them. Thanks for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin