Saturday, August 27, 2011

God Cares About a U-Haul

Today we had a successful garage sale! The weather was hot and sunny (we got up into the 90s today), and people were out yard-saling in full force. Wes and I are happy with the amount of our stuff that sold – although constantly surprised at what did and did not sell – and our friends took our leftovers to the thrift store for us on their way home. We saw most of our church family at some point during the day, and one family and one single lady stayed with us all day.

I did get some of that fabric our friend donated. I just couldn’t resist! There were some brand new fat quarters and a pile of Debbie Mumm fabric that I really, really wanted, but I put it out and it sold in a heartbeat.

After all was said and done, my husband told me that the guy at the car lot that doubles as a U-Haul place had called and said all their 14-foot trucks (which is the one Wes had reserved last week) were out till Monday. He said he had a 26-foot truck that we could use. Using that big a truck for our little bit of furniture would be like putting ping pong balls in there! But since this is the last of the month, all the moving trucks in town were out, so Wes said we’d take it and tie down the furniture.

As he and I were approaching the intersection where the car lot/U-Haul place is, I saw a little U-Haul truck go through the light headed toward the place. I said, “There goes a little U-Haul right now!” Wes didn’t see it. We drove onto the lot and there sat THREE of those little trucks! Wes went inside and the guy said, “Somebody got lucky! Three of the size truck you needed just came in!”

Now luck is not what we’d call it. The big truck thing was stressing my already stressed pastor/husband even more. The past 3 weeks have been terribly busy, and this last little thing was just about too much. So I believe the Lord personally helped those three other movers get done early and bring their trucks back early so my husband could have one and not be stressed out over the size of the truck we had to use to move!

Does God really care about a stressed-out man needing a 14-foot U-Haul instead of a giant 26-foot one?

I think He does!

“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” I Peter 5:7

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely agree!!! He does care, and He loves watching our smiles as He smiles on us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! It never ceases to amaze me how God cares about the details of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hasn't God got a great sense of humor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! I have been blessed following the story of your move and how God has worked out all the details in the right timing. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our God is faithful even in those little things!!
    I am looking SO forward to seeing pictures of your new crafting space. Does your Sweetheart understand that he will have one little corner of that room? heehee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin