Wednesday, June 01, 2011

These thoughts were published at KJV Blog Directory today, as part of Wednesday in the Word.

I'm one of those ladies who likes a good story where the poor girl meets the rich guy - or vice versa - they fall in love, and she becomes rich by marrying him. It's even better when she doesn't know he's rich, then finds out she'll never have to scrabble around for money to buy lunch or pay the rent again. Kind of like a fairy tale, isn't it?


We all know that these kinds of stories rarely happen, and they rarely end up "happily ever after." They're just fun, entertaining stories.


But there is a true love story that each of us who are saved have experienced. No, we don't have earthly riches or necessarily live on Easy Street, but we do get some things when we accept the Lord Jesus as our Savior! They aren't things we think about often, probably, but it's good to review them and see just what we have as the bride of Christ.


What happens when a person gets saved? Many times we think, "Well, her sins are forgiven," and fail to realize that there is much more going on when a person gets saved. I found this list of things that are true after our salvation and thought I'd share them with you. These were a blessing to me as I meditated on each statement; I hope they'll be a blessing to you too! If you'll take a minute to read each verse, I know you'll be blessed!


My salvation is fully accomplished (John 19:30).

I have eternal life as a present possession (John 5:24; 6:47; 1 John 5:11-13).

I have Jesus Christ as my present possession (1 John 5:12).
I know the one, true God (John 17:3; 1 John 2:3; 5:20).


I have been saved by His grace (Eph. 2:1-10).

I have been justified by His grace (Tit. 3:7).

I have passed from death unto life (John 5:24; 1 John 3:14).

I have been quickened (made alive) by God (Eph. 2:1, 5; Col. 2:13).

I have been made fit for heaven (Col. 1:12).

I have the forgiveness of sins (Eph. 1:7; Col. 1:14).

Aren't these wonderful things that we got when we said "Yes!" to the Lord's wooing? Isn't it exciting all that we have in Christ!

5 comments:

  1. We get so used to our salvation, we need to ponder these great blessings from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I felt too, Barbara. It sure was a blessing to me when I found this list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a blessing to me.
    I came to CA to help my mom and my dieing father. My husband got sick, and could not get back and lost his job. Our cars at home all pretty much shot and no car here. No home of our own, living in home the Lord was so gracious to let us watch for some one, but no home of our own.The Wallow Fire in AZ near where we were living only 30 miles from us.
    With all of this on our minds, it was a blessing to see what I do have as a reminder of my dear faithful Lord and Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sorry for all the trials you're going through right now! I'm so glad that the Lord used this to minister to your spirit right now. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always a blessing when I come here for a visit!

    This post was wonderful. Thank you:)

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin