Tuesday, April 05, 2011

New Things . . .

I've mentioned a couple of times that I was working on some new things for my Etsy shop, HandmadeByGrace. I've made several reusable shopping bags to launch my new line of bags and other accessories, and I'm super excited about them! I've been using the first one I made for my personal shopping and errands (because I like to know and use what I'm offering for sale), and I'm absolutely sold on these bags. The pattern is by Keyka Lou, who graciously grants permission to sell items made from her patterns in online shops and other venues (I could wax eloquent about the pattern makers who refuse to allow people to sell things made with their patterns!). Here are some pictures of the two I listed today:










I'll be making more shopping bags, as well as some other accessories such as zipper pouches and purses as I'm able to buy the supplies. I'll also have a few of the shopping bags that are a little less expensive. They'll be the same quality of work, but with less expensive fabrics. I used to wonder why handmade purses were so expensive; now I don't wonder anymore!

5 comments:

  1. What lovely bags! They would certainly make shopping more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! I hope you do well with your new focus!

    I could wax eloquent about pattern designers too...oh wait, you already know that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely adorable! : ) Like Springtime in a bag! You did a wonderful job making them...very high quality work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are too cute! I love the pattern choices you used - I think they would just give me another reason to shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bags, Susan! I love your fabric choices!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin