Thursday, April 07, 2011

A Little Time For Crafting



We're getting ready to start our Missions Conference this weekend and have various family events coming up, so every now and then I get to feeling a little overwhelmed. But I've found a few minutes here and there to do some sewing. I finally got three grocery bags listed in my shop! And last night I bought and downloaded two new patterns from Keyka Lou (who is having a sale this week, by the way - all her patterns are $5.00 each!) for some smaller projects that I can't wait to try. 

I showed these bags earlier this week, so I hope you won't mind if I post them again just to review what I was able to do this week!

DSC00064-1

 DSC00053

DSC00056-1

I also made two identical shopping bags for the missionary wives who will be in our conference next week. These are embroidered denim with a cotton floral lining. I really liked how these turned out!

DSC00056-2

And this little number has had me pulling my hair out! It's a zipper pouch - my first attempt - and I misunderstood the directions for one small part. I just couldn't figure out why mine wasn't coming out like the pattern said it would. So I contacted Michelle of Keyka Lou Patterns, the designer and pattern maker, who very graciously and kindly pointed out where I'd messed up. She was great! I've had discussions recently with my friend Tammy about how unfriendly some pattern designers can be, but not so with Michelle. My husband was really impressed! Hopefully this little pouch will be finished over the weekend.

DSC00054-3
So that's what I've been up to this week . . . among all the other things going on right now. Head over to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and see what everyone else is up to. Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. What beautiful bags, you can shop with style!!
    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your bags and the zippered pouch looks like it will be adorable! I've yet to get my confidence up enough to try a zipper in anything. I can't wait to see how yours turns out! Whoop-Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the denim bags! Very pretty!

    Thanks for the tip off on the pattern sale! I've been eyeing several of the patterns there!

    I'm glad that you were able to get help for your zipper pouch. It's looking nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking bags, and thanks for the heads up on Keyka Lou Patterns - it's always good to know about the good ones out there! Whoop Whoop for all your accomplishments! Hope to see you Sunday for Hands2Help signups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bags, I couldn't decide which is my favorite! I think I'd pick the one in progress, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carlee ~ I'm hoping some folks will want to shop with style! ;) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    domestiCass ~ Zippers take a little extra patience, but they're not all that hard. You should try it!

    Tammy ~ Let me know if you get any patterns. I'd love to see you make some of her things!

    Sarah ~ You'll love her patterns! I'll try to get by on Sunday - we have our missions conference starting that day and running through Wednesday. Good luck with your signups!

    Brita ~ Thanks! I'm liking that little pouch more and more myself. It's in some of my favorite fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bags. I would be hard pressed to pick just one. They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute bags! I'd be afraid of getting them dirty, they're so pretty. I am going to check out the pattern sale too, thanks for the heads up. That little zippered purse is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, I bought the grocery bag and pixie handbag patterns. Can't wait to sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a lot done! The bags are really nice. How neat to give them to the visiting missionaries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. West Michigan Quilter ~ Thank you so much!

    P. ~ The good thing about these bags is that they are completely washable. No need to worry about getting them dirty!

    Tammy ~ And I can't wait to see what you make! You will love that grocery bag pattern - super easy!

    Barbara H ~ They were an easy enough thing to do to add to the family baskets. I have one more to make for a family that is dropping in on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love them all. I especially love the embroidered denim. That reminds me, I have some gorgeous embroidered denim in my stash that has been "aging" there for a couple of years. I really need to get that out and do something with it.

    I hope your conference goes very well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Linda ~ I loved the denims! I'm thinking about buying some more and seeing what I can come up with. Enjoy playing with your embroidered denim!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those bags look pretty enough to be tops. If you left the bottom of the bag open, you might be able to just slip it on and wear it. ha ha. Good job! Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rita ~ Ha! I never thought of that! The lady who cut the fabric for me did say they'd make a pretty little girl's dress for Easter though - and they would!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What cute bags. Love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin