Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just Stuff . . .

Thank you all for your kind wishes for my birthday! I don't usually mention it on my blog, but yesterday I was full of all the things I was thankful for. It may seem sappy or even morbid to you, but every birthday I think of my mother and how she didn't get to live to be my age. She died at age 37, and for some reason it just really touches my heart every year to realize that the Lord has blessed me with more years than my mother had. I also still have such great health compared to hers. When I start to huff and puff going up 4 flights of stairs at the library parking garage, like I did today (I chose the stairs rather than the elevator!), I remember how she had to rest after just walking up the one short flight of steps in our house. And so I get a little sentimental every now and then and have to let it out! ;)

In addition to breakfast and cake for my birthday, the ladies of our church went together and bought me a gift certificate to Cottage Quilting, one of our local quilt shops. I'm absolutely thrilled about that! They offer classes there in addition to gorgeous fabrics, and I plan to use the certificate to take a class, since that's something I've always wanted to do and just never could afford. I'll have to wait until later this summer, though, because of our trip to Lancaster in May and a pastors' wives retreat in June. They don't have their summer classes listed yet, so I'll just wait. I'd love to take one that includes either hand-quilting or free-motion machine quilting ~ which are total opposites! LOL

Our Missions Conference was so good! On Tuesday night, one of our own sponsored missionaries, Pastor Rick Lendvoy to Williams Lake, BC, drove down with his wife and daughter for the day. Pastor Lendvoy preached that night. We had met them and supported them through our church in North Vancouver, so it was nice to see them again. Beth and their daughter, Tami, are the same age, but going to different colleges. They spent some time talking about what they're taking in school and all that stuff.

On Wednesday night, we enjoyed hearing about the ministry of Pastor Nathan Bishop in Lethbridge, Alberta. It was interesting to find that he knows our former pastor, Bro. Mickey Hollars, who was one of his teachers in Bible college. So that gave us a point of reference with each other. The Bishops have two little boys, cute as can be.

We had 42 children ride the bus Wednesday night! We are just so amazed and thrilled with how the Lord is blessing our Wednesday night program. With the bus riders, we had 99 people in church Wednesday night!

Our former pastor, Bro. Hollars,  called this morning to wish me a happy birthday. He was a day late, but it was so nice to hear from him! He asked if I was 32 now, and I told him that sounds good to me! :) He's like family to us; I'm so glad he called!

I had grocery shopping to do today, and Wes and I had a meeting with someone this morning. We also went up to the campers the missionaries stayed in and got the linens to wash. So today was still busy, although we didn't have church tonight. Tomorrow will be our day off, and I'm looking forward to it! I'm going to get my hair done. Wes likes my hair curly, so believe it or not, I'm going to get a perm. Just soft curls, but I feel so "80s" when I get a perm! LOL

So that's my rambling for today. Just everyday life. I've felt very settled all day. I think I like being 46! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan ~ I love curly hair, too, and am due for a perm any time now. I just haven't called to get a date yet. My mom has already paid for it, too...so I can't pass that up! I'm so out of it fashion-wise that I had no idea perms are considered 80-ish! Guess I'll just have to get talked about....because I LOVE curls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb ~ If it looks good - go for it! Wes loves mine curly, so that's good enough! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin