Friday, April 29, 2011

Grad Time!



Tomorrow is the big day at our house: our daughter, Beth, will be officially finished with school. We're celebrating with a drop-in reception during the afternoon. When our oldest child graduated high school, I made him a scrapbook, and I continued that tradition with Andrew and now Beth. With each child, I planned to start early and work on their scrapbook gradually . . . but that never happened with any of them. This one was my latest start. I started last Saturday, needing it to be finished by this Saturday. I guess the fast-approaching deadline set a fire under me, because I finished it in five days! Needless to say, this is all I got done this week other than basic housekeeping (and even that suffered a little bit).

Here are a few pictures of Beth's finished scrapbook. I didn't include every page, just a few of my favorites. I had originally bought a kit at Wal Mart that had a cheapo album included. I hated that album, but there was nothing I could do about it. I knew I didn't have even $20 to spend on a nice one, but while Beth and I were out buying plates and such for her reception, I ran across a Making Memories faux leather album for just $8, so I grabbed it. I knew I wouldn't find anything near that quality for that price! Just a little blessing from the Lord, I think. He even cares about a scrapbook album! ;)

And, by the way. . . I'm NOT a scrapbooker! I just put a few things together and call it good. It's nowhere near as good as some I've seen, but sometimes I take out the boys' scrapbooks and look through them and remember them, which is what they're for, right? I've already looked through Beth's several times too. So please judge gently! LOL

Beth's Graduation Scrapbook

Beth's Graduation Scrapbook

Beth's Graduation Scrapbook

Beth's Graduation Scrapbook

Beth's Graduation Scrapbook

I hope to find some time this weekend to post pictures from Beth's reception. After this, I think I can relax a bit and just get ready to travel on Thursday. I'm getting excited!

I'm participating in Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. This isn't a fabric craft, of course, but it's what I worked on this week! I hope you'll go by and see what others have been working on too!

11 comments:

  1. Very nice! I much prefer scrapbooks that are mostly photos with a little decoration like this than mostly decoration with few photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I'm not a scrapbooker either. I dipped my toes in a few years back, but at this point in my life it just doesn't work for me! Thankfully I didn't invest too much into it!

    I hope your open house goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Congratulations to Beth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I saw your link over on Sarah's Whoop Friday. I love your scrapbook. I am not a scrapbooker either, however, I did keep scrapbooks for my kids through high school. Looking back, they are very primitive compared to today's models. haha. However, we received a lovely scrapbook from our son and daughter-in-law for Christmas with the grandkids. Wow, it was so amazing to have such a wonderful gift, and I look at it when I need a boost. So, I guess my point is, that it's not the "package" but it's the thought that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Beth!

    And I think your pages look fantastic. I'm with Barbara I don't care for scrapbook pages with a lot of decoration because I feel that it detracts from the photos. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to Beth on her graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your kind comments for Beth and for your encouragement on the scrapbook! It was looked at a lot this afternoon, and nobody fell over laughing at it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Beth on finishing her work!! My Chelsea is getting close....

    The scrapbook is great. I love the theme that seems to carry through.

    Beth is a very beautiful girl. I see so much kindness in her eyes.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! You did a beautiful job. I know this will be a treasured memento for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a great job on Beth's scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your album looks awesome, and is definitely worth a whoop whoop!!! I'm sure your daughter will treasure it forever.... congratulations on her graduation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin