Friday, March 04, 2011

Moving On To New Things


I'm a bit late posting today. Wes and I had some errands to run this morning, so I didn't have time to get online right away. I wanted to show you what I've been doing this week. It feels good to have the baby quilt done and on its way to the new baby! In addition to helping my daughter make a skirt, I've done a little bit of work on my sister's purse. Just to refresh your memory, the pattern is Mill House Inn Tote from Moda Bake Shop, and the fabric is Rebel Roses by Heather Mulder Peterson (love love love her designs!). As you can see, I haven't gotten far with Rebekah's purse, but at least it got a little progress this week.

Mill House Inn Tote


And then I'm working on this again. If you've read here for a couple of years, you know that this is the infamous Eagle I'm "working on" for my husband. The shameful truth is that I've been "working on" it for over ten years now! He teases me about it every now and then, so I figure I should finish it for him. Plus he told me he'd buy me some fabric when the eagle is done! :D Now if that's not motivation! I'm almost finished with the actual picture of the design, and then I'll do the outlining and the words. And then I will never do another cross stitch this intricate again! Hopefully this will be done by the end of March.

Wes Eagle

I'm linking up with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? on Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Hop over there and see what others have gotten done this week, and post your own accomplishments. I love that Sarah's linky is to celebrate getting something done, even if you don't have a finish. That's a big encouragement!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you have been a busy lady. Very pretty fabric in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those fabrics are gorgeous!

    And the cross stitch is coming along -- what a great motivator! :-)

    I need to get going on some of my projects so I can get in on this meme. I do a little bit on my cross stitch each week, but not enough for a weekly photo to show much.

    I wanted to let you know I created a Homemaking Meme and posted it yesterday, if you're interested. :-) I didn't "tag" anybody per se because I didn't want anyone to feel pressured, but I'm just letting people know who might like that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in Rebekah's purse - such beautiful fabrics! And this is funny - I did that same cross stitch for my husband years and years ago - and I remember it being a tedious pattern - so many color changes! But it hangs in his office at Lifeway now and has for years - so keep it up, your husband will love it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purse colour too!! They're the colours I gravitate to - those lovely fall shades.
    I sympathize with the 10 yr old x-stitch. I have one too. Good for you keeping at it. I haven't touched mine for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kristy! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Did your friends from Kamloops tell you they came to our Valentine's Banquet? I didn't realize you all knew each other! Hope to meet you at the pastors' wives meeting in June.

    Barbara H ~ The colors for the purse really make me happy when I look at them - I hope my sister will enjoy them too. I saw your homemaking meme; I'll probably do it sometime soon - thanks!

    Sarah ~ Are you serious?!! LOL I loved this pattern when I picked it out for my husband, but that eagle, with all those shades of brown, and the trees on the side - good grief! I started yesterday on the outlining, so I'm on the home stretch . . . at least in theory.

    greelyrita ~ I take my cross stitch by spurts. I think the reason I lost interest in this one is that I worked so hard on it that I just got sick of it. I will sure be glad when this one's done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of Heather's, too. Her fabrics and patterns are wonderful!

    That reminds me I have a cross stitch sampler that only needs back stitching to be finished. I wonder where that got buried? Great eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan ~ Way to go!!!! I'm so proud of you for getting back to your x-stitch!! You are almost done!

    Today I went to Michael's to replenish a few of my DMC colors that were out. Do you know that lots of the little bins were empty, and it didn't seem that they kept them up-to-date. I guess because people just don't x-stitch these days. I sure have enjoyed it since I started back trying to get some UFOs done. It is definitely a sense of accomplishment. I know you'll feel the same way once that eagle is ironed smooth! I know you're not done yet but congratulations anyway for getting to this point!!

    And wow...your sister's purse fabric looks so clean and new!! I think I need to wash mine like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little jealous of your sister, getting such a lovely purse. I think you are wonderful to give home-made gifts. They have such a profound meaning. I absolutely love the fabrics for your sister's purse.

    That eagle cross stitch really does look intricate, but I am so glad you are persevering and eager to finish it for him. I know he appreciates all the hard work you are doing for him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki ~ I haven't used any of Heather's patterns yet, and the only fabric I have of hers is Rebel Roses . . . but I have looked at each line and I love it all!

    Deb ~ It's true, you don't see much x-stitch floss, especially DMC, anymore. I'm not sure my Michaels here even carries DMC now; I'll have to look and see. I do love to wash my bigger pieces of fabric so they look nice when I start to sew!

    Miss Linda ~ My sister's going to think I'm never sending her purse if I don't hurry and finish it! LOL I have worked on that eagle off and on for at least 10 years. Wes just teases me about it, because he knows my tendency to stop and start. Sure am glad he loves me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep looking for the *like* button. LOL
    ;)

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Kristi, I know what you mean! One time I tried to move down a page in my Bible by touching it, like you do on the iPod Touch! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin