Tuesday, March 08, 2011

It's My Spiritual Birthday!

Eighteen years ago today, the Lord graciously forgave my sin and saved me! I had been in church all my life, but I was still unsure about my salvation. When I finally quit trying to make sure I had said a prayer just right or felt just right when I prayed and simply asked His forgiveness and trusted Him, the doubts were settled and I knew for sure that I was going to Heaven! You can read my full testimony here.

Has there been a time in your life when you realized you were a sinner and couldn't save yourself? Did you understand that Jesus' death paid the penalty for your sin? Did you trust Him to forgive your sins? If you've done those things, we can rejoice together that we'll meet in Heaven someday!

If you've never been saved, why not today? Here's the simple plan of salvation:

1. Realize that you are a sinner: "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
We have all sinned; we've all broken God's laws. He gave us His law so that we could know that we've sinned. Have you ever lied? Stolen something? Disobeyed your parents? Taken God's name in vain? These are just four of God's laws, and He gave us ten of them! No matter how good we are, we have all committed sin at some point, and if we've broken one of God's laws, we're guilty of all of them (James 2:10)

2. Realize that sin has a penalty: "The wages of sin is death . . ." Romans 6:23
The payment for our sin is death. We will all experience a physical death, but if we die without our sins forgiven we will experience what the Bible calls the second death: separation from God forever in hell, the lake of fire. You will stand before God someday to give an account for your sins (Hebrews 9:27), and if they have not been forgiven, you will be cast forever into hell (Matthew 7:23).

3. Realize that Jesus paid the penalty for your sins: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
Even though we owe the penalty for our sins, Jesus came and paid that penalty for us! There had to be a death for sin (Hebrews 9:22). Either we can pay it ourselves, or God will accept the substitute - His Son. His death is able to pay for our sins because Jesus had no sin. No one else, no other substitute, is good enough to pay for your sins (Acts 4:12).

4. Realize that trusting Christ alone will save you: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9,10,13
It's as simple as that. Believe in your heart that Christ died for your sin, and call upon Him to save you. Turn away from your sin and turn to Jesus to forgive you. He promised He would save you. Why not trust Him today? "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." Acts 16:31

If you're not sure you're saved and would like to talk to someone about it, feel free to contact me through email. I'd love to help you know for sure that you're going to Heaven! It's a wonderful feeling to know for sure that your sin is forgiven!

10 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you on your 'spiritual birthday' today for what the Lord has done in your life and mine!! Thanks for sharing this encouragement! God is so good.

    Birthday Blessings,
    Katie

    Deuteronomy 32:3 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well praise God and rejoicing with your, I can remember mine like it was yesteday, and I accepted Jesus as my personal Saviour in 1974, my where has the time gone.
    Hugs my friend, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!
    Mine is coming up March 18th. It will be 26 years, and I was 26, almost 27 when I got saved. Getting close to saved as long as I was lost!
    I wasn't raised in church, but praise the Lord, He can find us anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings and praises!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing! Enjoy your special birthday!

    I have been saved over 30 years - amazing since I'm just 32, I always say:) Just kidding!

    God bless -

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Spiritual birthday we will never forget. It is so good to be a part of God's family. Blessings on your day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy Spiritual Birthday, Susan! I'm so glad you have a second birthday! We have a couple of spiritual b'days in the family coming up this month, too, and we always either go out for ice cream or have a special dessert to celebrate. Sweet things for such a sweet thing that happened to each of us...God's salvation. My 46th spiritual b'day is on July 18th...I will never forget. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful day indeed. Thankyou for sharing your Testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. praise God! more blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful! Happy Spiritual Birthday. Your testimony sounds similar to mine. It is so good to know that you know that you know! Praise the Lord! Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin