Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Been a Busy Week


It's been a busy week for me in my craft room! Not only am I working on some personal sewing projects, but I'm also working on getting my Etsy shop back up and running. In addition to the few paper items I have in my shop currently, I'm going to be adding a new line of handmade accessories in the next couple of weeks, eventually changing over exclusively to handcrafted bags, purses, and other small accessories.  I'm excited! I enjoyed papercrafting to an extent, but that doesn't come close to the joy I have in sewing.

So here's what I've been doing this week . . .

Mill House Inn ToteI'm still working on the purse for my sister. I had planned to get it finished last night, but I ran into a snag and have to redo this tie. It was too short by just a touch . . . and I know what happened, so it's an easy fix. It should be finished before the weekend is over.

DSC00271This is a reusable shopping bag I made for myself using a pattern by Keyka Lou. It's the size and shape of the plastic grocery bags you get at the store, which is why I like it. It's big and roomy and sturdy - all the seams are double-stitched and the handles are reinforced. It's also completely washable, and it can be reversible if I want it to be. I love this bag! It's one of the new items I'll be offering in my shop.

Tags and StickersTo try and get my shop back into the mainstream of Etsy, I renewed some of my papercraft items and added a few new ones - some tags and stickers.

LabelsFinally, I made some labels to sew into my new creations! I am so so so excited about these labels! I looked at two tutorials - Silly Gilly's and Patchwork Pottery's - to make these. I used iron-on transfer paper and ironed the image onto lengths of twill tape. I am totally satisfied with the results! My husband used the banner that our son, Andrew, made for my shop and made it suitable for labels. I literally couldn't have made these without my husband's help - thanks, Honey! :)

Once again, I'm linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict on her Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Pop over there to see what's up with other crafters, and join in with us if you've made some progress on something this week. You don't have to finish - just make some progress!

13 comments:

  1. Those labels are SO sharp! Very nicely done.

    You got a lot done this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pick out lovely fabrics! Your tags are beautiful, and You did a great job with the labels...I want to try them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the reusable grocery bag. It's almost too pretty to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your new designs in your shop! Love the stickers! Love the bags! And *lurve* the tags! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Silly Gilly's and she doesn't say anything about these labels being washable. There is one commenter who volunteered to pass along a website that produces 500 woven labels for $75. She's in Australia though the site may not be there. I have labels too that were printed by Zebra Labels in Montreal. They're in that same sort of price range, if I remember correctly. I've ordered twice and can't remember precisely. Inkjet stuff isn't waterproof, I don't think. I do love your label though. Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag - your sister is just going to love it!

    Great tags too - you got a lot done this week!

    Whoop-whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister's purse is coming along nicely - it looks like it's going to be beautiful! But I absolutely love the fabric you used for your shopping bag!! Do you know what it is? And I like your labels a lot! Whoop whoop!! And thanks for linking back to my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bags are on my list of things to do (it is a very long list!). Yours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the link to the labels. Congrats on working on your projects and getting your shop up again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice bag! I need to try her patterns. Those tree labels are super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the way your sister's purse is coming along. The colors and patterns are just beautiful. I also adore that grocery bag you made!! I need to try to do something like that. You are always such an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabrics you used for the bags ~ such rich colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin