Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday in Review: February 27, 2011

Thank you all for your sweet comments and encouragement from my quilt post on Friday! You really blessed my heart.

We had an exciting evening at our church tonight! We've been working all month inviting the families of our bus children to come to church tonight for a special service for them. We ran the bus to pick them up for a potluck dinner before the service. Seventeen parents and children came in and had dinner with us. We go to visit the bus route every Tuesday night and talk to many of the parents at their door, but this gave us an opportunity to sit down and talk with them over a meal. I had a problem remembering names apart from their front doors! LOL After the dinner, we had a church service complete with a skit about what it's like to ride the bus. Of course, this was exaggerated! One of the children was sitting next to me, and about halfway through the skit I asked her if that's what the bus was like. She looked at me and said, "Uh uh!" ;) Then Wes preached a short message that had such a clear presentation of the Gospel. No one responded during the invitation by coming forward to be saved, but several people raised their hands that they realized that they needed to be saved. We'll be praying for them and visiting with them and continue trying to reach out to them in friendship.

Our church family has really gone through sickness the past week. The flu has hit full-force. Wednesday night we were missing two entire families due to illness. Most everyone was back in church and only suffering with a few sniffles and coughs today. Beth and Wes have had colds, but the Lord has graciously allowed me to stay well all winter. I'm praying that I'll make it all the way through with no sickness, and that all this sickness from last week is finished.

We had some more snow today, but we're hoping this is winter's last hurrah. Spring is just around the corner, and I'm ready for it! It snowed most of the day, but only a little of it stuck and it's already beginning to melt. I love snow at the beginning of winter, but by the end of February it's getting a little old! ;) We've had unusually cold temps this week, but the days have been beautifully sunny. One morning our low was in the single digits Fahrenheit - not so fun. We're looking forward to getting above freezing this week.

Well, that's about it for our weekend. How was yours?

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that God has blessed your ministry in such a clear, obvious way. I pray that many souls will be saved through these efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad some of the bus families came! I pray the Holy Spirit will use the Word they've heard to bring them to conviction, repentance, and faith.

    I had a great time at a "ladies birthday party" at our church Saturday -- celebrating everyone's birthdays at once! I'm planning to share more about it on my Friday Fave Five post if not before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a good turn out.
    Bus children are so important.
    God is blessing your ministry and our prayer is that He continues to
    work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Linda ~ We are having such a great time serving the Lord here! He's definitely blessing right now, and we hope to see some souls saved soon.

    Barbara ~ Thank you for praying for these folks to be saved! Can't wait to read about the birthday party. It sounds like something fun!

    Aliene ~ We visit our bus kids every Tuesday night, and it's a blessing getting to know them and their families.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin