Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sunday in Review: Jan. 2, 2011

Here we are, beginning a new year in a new church. As part of the first Sunday of 2011, my husband presented his vision for our church during our first annual Vision Night. I know I'm pretty excited about upcoming events in our church, and I believe our church family is excited too!

Let me share some of the changes we're making and some of the events coming up. First, our outreach program is expanding and changing. Because our church building is owned by another church, when they want to make changes in their service times, we have to be flexible and accommodate their schedule. Beginning next Sunday morning, our Sunday morning service will begin at 9:00. Naturally, this newer time will affect our bus routes. So we're moving our bus ministry to Wednesday nights, from 7:00 to 8:00. That's one of the first changes. Our main soulwinning time will move to Saturday morning, and on Tuesday nights we'll be visiting the bus route. A little different, but we're pretty excited about the changes to the children's ministry.

Our first event of the year is our Winter Revival, later this month. My husband has a King James Bible 400th Anniversary Bible Conference scheduled in March.  Our Missions Conference is in April, and we're hosting our first Youth Conference in July! Vacation Bible School and Family Camp follow in August, with a Fall Revival in September. What an exciting year of service and revival! I can't wait!


All the changes and activities have one purpose: to bring others to Christ. We'd love to see our church grow, the children and teens have fun, and have great times of fellowship together throughout the year, but we have to keep the main thing the main thing. I hope to come to next year's Vision Night with a report of souls saved and baptized and lives changed for the glory of God.


We wish you all a great New Year and pray that your lives are full of service for the Lord in 2011. We're excited, and now it's time to get busy!

9 comments:

  1. I wondered what you meant by Vision Night on your Facebook status. Looks like a busy year! May the Lord reward the Word preached and shared with fruit in the lives of the hearers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a busy but exciting year ahead of you. I love a new year with exciting plans to look forward to. I trust God will bless your ministry there.

    Love all the book and craft posts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara ~ Thank you! We're praying for eternal fruit this year!

    Pamela ~ We do have a busy year planned! Thanks for your kind words - I've got to get back to the book and craft posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Susan. I came across your lovely blog through a comment you left on "A Quiet, Gracious Life". I just wanted to say hello, and to let you know I will be praying that God will be glorified and souls will be saved through the ministry of your family.

    I wish you a joyous and blessed new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I failed to mention in my previous comment that I also attend an IFB church here in Texas.

    I was admiring some of the lovely jewelry in the Etsy shop. I make jewelry (not to sell--I just make a few little pieces for my own use).

    I taught myself to sew three years ago after becoming frustrated with the lack of modest clothing in stores. Now I sew almost all my own clothes, something that gives me a great deal of pleasure. It is such a pleasure to work with lovely fabrics and patterns! I haven't tried my hand at quilting yet. It just looks so difficult!

    It is so nice to meet a like-minded woman through blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Linda! I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment! One of the things I love about blogging is finding like-minded ladies to fellowship with. We lived in TX for 14 years before coming to Canada. I can't say that we're diehard Texans, but we do have some cherished friends in TX! ;) I hope you'll come back and visit lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot IMAGINE going from Texas to Canada! Besides, don't the people all talk kinda funny up there in Yankee land? ;)

    Do you remember January in Texas? Tomorrow it is supposed to be almost 70. An arctic front is supposed to move in Saturday and it's not supposed to get out of the 30s for the next several days. But at least we are enjoying warm weather for now.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an exciting year ahead. I enjoy checking in on your blog - as I am able...so many blogs, so little time:) - and to see all that God is doing in Canada. Praying that the new year ahead will be so blessed as well.

    Just a side note, we recently switched our visitation program to Saturdays (rather than Tuesday evenings) and it has been so well received - and blessed. We love it.

    Take care - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, we're hoping that our Saturday visitation time will prove to be more profitable. Door-to-door soulwinning and visitation are pretty hard to do here; folks just aren't too keen on having folks knocking on their doors. So we have to just develop a tough hide and keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin