Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Prayer Needed - Again!

As you know, we spent the first six years of our time in Canada establishing a church in North Vancouver. We still love those people dearly, and this week, one of our families is hurting.

The 22-year-old daughter of this family suffered for many years from an eating disorder. She and her parents went through a lot with this disease. She nearly died several times. Last weekend, she chose to take her own life. We are heartbroken. Jessica was a beautiful young woman, but she believed the lie that she wasn't worth anything and that she was ugly.  She was far from ugly, and far from being worthless. She was precious.

Please pray for the Holmes family. They need the Lord's strength in a very real way right now.

8 comments:

  1. As a mother of an anorexic daughter this strikes me to the core.
    I will keep this family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Adding my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how truly awful. I grieve deeply when I hear such things. Truly the enemy of souls will seek to promote any lie that gains a foothold in the mind of a soul. May God be with this family and with your church during the sorrowful weeks ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How heartbreaking, Susan. I'm so sorry, and I promise to pray for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will pray for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayed for this family. So sorry. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Promising to pray.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sad. I am praying for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin