Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Please Pray for the Harjo Family

Several years ago I was on an online forum for independent Baptist ladies. One of the leaders of that forum was Micki Harjo, a missionary wife to the Navajo Native Americans. I didn't get to know her very well, but I knew of her and her family's work among the Navajo.

Just a couple of days ago I learned that Micki had had a fairly routine surgery for the treatment of colon cancer. She had some complications, and this morning she passed away. She was the mother of 7 children, a devoted wife serving alongside her husband in ministry, and only in her early 40s. Please pray for her husband and children as they deal with this sudden loss of their wife and mother. I've been in her children's shoes - a sick mom, surgery to help the illness, only to lose her when you thought she would get better, not worse. My heart just breaks for them! But I also know, from experience, that the Lord will be with them and comfort them.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. Praying now. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad, they will be in our prayers! And you are right, God is in control all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly be praying. Please keep us updated about the situation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin