Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our Christmasy Home

It's almost Christmas! This time last year we had no clue we would be living in a different city and serving in a different church. It's been a whirlwind of a year, that's for sure!

I wanted to participate in one of the Christmas Home Tours going around blogland, but I just didn't download my pictures in time. I wanted to share our new home with you, though. I'm only showing a couple of rooms right now, and after the new year I'll show you the rest of the house.

DSC00116
Our Christmas tree, set up in the den adjacent to our kitchen

 DSC00098


DSC00096
The stockings hung with care . . . on the kitchen island!
 
DSC00093
The large angel was given to us a couple of years ago, and the little Victorian lady dressed in red belonged to my Grandma
 
DSC00086
My kitchen island, in a rare moment of clarity. The Christmas tree and snowman are cookie jars, and the candle in the middle smells just like cookies baking. It's fooled me more than once!
 
DSC00082
The newest addition to my Christmas decorations, a miniature tree in my kitchen window. I love looking at it while I work in the kitchen!
 
DSC00084
I don't have many ornaments for my little tree yet, but I've wanted these for several years - little snowman angels with our names on them. These are my children's ornaments. Wes' and mine are at the top.
 

DSC00104
The banister in the foyer, backing our living room. This garland is lighted, and I've hung my set of thrift-store Norman Rockwell ornaments on it.

DSC00103
The view from the front door
 

DSC00101
The niche over the fireplace. I bought the poinsettia at Michaels last year on clearance. I love it! The picture behind the poinsettia was given to us by Greater Vancouver Baptist Church and Pastor Conner as a going-away gift when we moved here. It's a local artist's rendering of the bridge from Vancouver into North Vancouver, showing the mountains on "our side" of the harbour.

DSC00023
I made this coffee-filter wreath this year. It turned out really big and so fluffy! 

DSC00036
Here's my wreath as part of the decorations for the Adult Christmas Fellowship at church. It's hanging on my wall at home now, but I haven't taken a picture of it there yet.

So there you go! We're all set for Christmas here. We're having our annual Pastor's Open House tomorrow night. Our family Christmas dinner is Friday, and we've invited Wes' assistant and his wife to share it with us. All of their family live far away, so I couldn't very well let them eat alone on Christmas Eve, could I?! Then on Christmas Day we've been invited to another family's home for dinner along with several other families. It's a full and busy Christmas week! I pray that you and your family are blessed with happy times with friends and family this weekend too!

11 comments:

  1. I love your new home, Susan! The tree is gorgeous! The rocking chair you have next to the tree looks like a rocking chair I grew up with, and now my children have. It's a treasure.
    I also thought about making a Coffee Filter wreath this year, but never got to it. Was it difficult?
    Have a wonderful Christmas and I'm so glad we're friends through "blogland"! :o)
    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty and festive! Have a Merry Christmas, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Susan and family! I'm so glad you showed us part of your new home; I love picturing where you are now. Sorry that I didn't think to email and ask for your new address before it was too late to mail you a Christmas card this year. But I do wish you a wonderful Christmas together with your family and a happy and healthy New Year! (could you email your new address for future though? Thx!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely Christmas home decor. They are all so pretty. The wreathe is so nice. Miss you guys. Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kami ~ The little rocking chair used to live at my Grandma's house for me and my cousins to sit on, and I inherited it (I suppose because I'm the oldest grandchild - yay!). The coffee filter wreath is not hard to make, it's just tedious. I used 450 coffee filters in mine and it took me two evenings to finish it.

    Sharon ~ Merry Christmas to you too! :)

    Deb ~ I'll shoot you an email in just a minute!

    Deanna ~ We miss all of you over there, too! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susan, your new home is lovely!--And you've decorated it so lovely for Christmas. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the Christmasy touches!

    Even though we've been here since August, I still don't have everything up! The furniture and functional stuff is arranged, but I still have wall decor sitting on the floor or in boxes while I decide where to put it. Are you in the same boat?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new home looks beautiful and Christmassy! Enjoy your busy week1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new home is very pretty all decorated up and I like everything you've done. I would like to try making the coffee filter wreath, but it will need to wait until next year.

    We are supposed to have snow on Christmas. Can you believe that? I won't until I see it!

    Merry Christmas Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have it decorated so nice. Best wishes on your new home and church...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin