Sunday, December 12, 2010

Can This Be My Baby?

Can this handsome, grown-up young man possibly be my baby?

christmasbanquet2010
 I'm afraid it's true! :) This is my first baby. This picture was taken at the WCBC Christmas Banquet on Thursday night this week. His date is Juliana. 
 
Today is Samuel's 22nd birthday. He's been a blessing to us all his life, and we're watching him with thankful  hearts as he begins to plan his future. We had thought that future would bring him back to Canada, but after much prayer and counsel, Samuel believes that God has redirected him to The Philippines as a missionary. That's a long, long way from Canada! Wes and I support him 100%, and we pray that God will use him to win many Filipino men and women to Christ.

We love you more than we can say, our boy! We have prayed for God's best for you all your life, and we will always do that. Have a great birthday and the best year of your life yet!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Susan. I know you are thankful to know he is following God's will for his life.
    Our Pastor has a special place in his heart for the Philippines. He goes there about every other year and preaches in different meetings.
    Samuel is a handsome young man and I know you're very proud of him.

    Happy Birthday, Samuel!!!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi ~ We are proud of him! I think part of the working in his heart toward the Philippines is from our church in North Vancouver, where most of our congregation was made up of Filipinos. They are all thrilled that he's going to their home country!

    Barbara ~ Thanks for the birthday wishes for our boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your son and many blessings as he goes to the mission field! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin