Sunday, November 07, 2010

Encouraging Journey . . .

If you've read my blog in the past year or so, you know that I enjoy Bro. Cary Schmidt's blog, Encouraging Words. He always write positive, encouraging, and helpful blog posts. I've met him and his wife in person when we've visited West Coast Baptist College, where our boys are in school, and I found him to be just as positive in person as he is on his blog.

About a month ago, Bro. Schmidt was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. While all of us were distressed to hear this news, Bro. Schmidt encouraged us through his blog posts. He's now received his prognosis and treatment plan and started another blog to address his cancer journey, be of good cheer. If you know of someone who is battling this particular disease, or any type of cancer, direct them to Bro. Schmidt's blog. I know of one person already who has been saved by reading Bro. Schmidt's testimony of God's grace and strength through this ordeal. If you don't know anyone with cancer (and it seems increasingly common to know someone with it), just read it to receive a blessing yourself. His writing style and sense of humor alone are worth it!

Please pray for Bro. Schmidt and his family as he begins his treatments soon. They're an outstanding family and I believe God will use this trial to encourage many people in the next few months!

2 comments:

  1. I've been praying for Bro. Schmidt and his family. My heart goes out to them. This blog is just another example of their gracious, honest spirit, and I know it will encourage many many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have heard of Bro. Schmidt's prayer request at our church as well. I will check out the link.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin