Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Homekeeper's Journal: Difficulties

Based on the entry I just posted, now is probably a good time for this week's Homekeeper's Journal! Isn't it amazing how the Lord brings things across our paths when we most need them?



This week’s Journal is about … difficulties ….. You’ll need a Bible to complete this Journal entry.
You can find one online at  Blue Letter Bible.

You know what difficulties are … those things that make your life harder, more complicated. Perhaps your biggest difficulty is a person. Perhaps difficulties come in groups and threaten to overwhelm you. Lets talk about your difficulties……

Sometimes I feel a bit of resentment when I ……….. don't get things my way. Quite often I think I know better than God how things should turn out! Or at least I act that way. Yes. And my mother always taught me that actions speak louder than words.


Why is it so difficult for me to ……….. be content? This is a real struggle I have faced for years. I'm gaining ground, but it's all uphill!

1 Chronicles 16:11 tells me to …… "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually." I'm learning to stop when wrong thoughts enter my mind - doubt, discontent, fear, worry - and purposely change my thinking (II Corinthians 10:5). Seeking the Lord and his face continually has to be a conscious action, and it won't happen overnight. It probably won't even happen in a whole lifetime.

1 Peter 5:8 warns me …….. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

I am going to pray and ask for strength to …………. Continually lay my difficulties, whatever they may be, at the feet of my Father (I Peter 5:7, which, coincidentally, is immediately prior to the verse above warning about our adversary!).

The difficult thing that seems to constantly catch me off guard is ……… when things don't go according to my plans or I can't see how things will turn out. I have such a hard time with that!

James 1:12 says ….."Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

I am determined to ……. Endure! I Corinthians 15:58 . . . "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."


Now its your turn!
1. Make your own entry at your blog using the prompts that are in bold type above.
2. Finish out the prompts with your own words.
3. Grab the Homekeeper’s Journal picture above and use it on your blog with a link to CHK.
4. Go to this week's entry and put the link to your blog post in the Linky below the entry.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with getting frustrated -- and even downright angry -- when my plans get disrupted. I was really ashamed when that was my first reaction on finding out we had to take my MIL to the hospital earlier this week. But I think part of that was that she was feeling fine and we thought maybe they were over-reacting -- when someone is in a crisis it is natural to switch gears and do whatever needs to be done. But I don't like crises either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara ~~ I get angry sometimes too when my plans get changed. Lately all our plans have been changed by the Lord, and that's where some of my difficulty this summer has come from.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin