Barbara at Stray Thoughts tagged me for this 8 Questions meme. She asks 8 questions, I answer them, propose 8 new questions, then tag 8 other bloggers to answer my questions. Here are Barbara's questions:
1. What do you is the greatest benefit you receive from blogging? Definitely meeting so many people. I have been blessed by comments, emails, and real-life meetings with people I'd never have known other than through blogging!
2. What was your childhood nickname? How did you get it? Are you still called that now? (Oops — I guess that’s three in one!) My mother's family all called me Susie (obviously from my name, Susan!). The only ones left who call me that are my two uncles and their wives. My mother called me Susie Q, Doodly, or Doodlebug when I was little, but stopped as I grew older, so none of those stuck. I don't know why she called me the last two. Probably the same reason I call Beth Lucy. Just because.
3. Miracle Whip or mayonnaise? Definitely mayonnaise! Miracle Whip tastes too sweet to me.
4. What is your favorite season and why? I love fall because of the rich colors and the cooler weather. My least favorite season is summer - I just can't handle the heat - so fall is always welcome to me!
5. When you are sick, do you like a lot of attention and pampering, or do you like to be left alone? Oh, I love to be pampered and waited on hand and foot! LOL But my husband doesn't like to be pampered when he's sick, so he thinks he's taking very good care of me by leaving me alone! :-/ Fortunately, neither of us is sick very often, so we don't have to worry about it too much.
6. Share one pleasant childhood memory. Making homemade ice cream! My dad loves homemade ice cream, so we made it at every opportunity - our favorite flavors to make were strawberry and banana. We had an old-fashioned crank churn, and I always got to churn till the ice cream started getting firm, when my dad would take over. Once, my dad had just gotten his huge bowl of ice cream - I'm talking a serving bowl here - and settled into his folding lawn chair to enjoy it. The chair folded up on him and he began to fall. He ended up flipping backwards out of the chair and the chair went flying . . . but Daddy didn't spill one drop of that ice cream! :D
7. Share a time a hymn ministered to you in a special way. This song is technically not a hymn, but it blessed me so much when I sang it! For years, I wrestled with doubts about my salvation, and finally, on March 8, 1993, I truly trusted Christ as my Savior. We were already active in our church, and one of our activities was singing in a quartet with our pastor's wife and the song leader. The song we sang within a couple of weeks after I got saved was It Is Finished. The last verse says, "Yet in my heart, the battle was raging; not all prisoners of war had gone home. They were battlefields of my own making. I didn't know that the war had been won. Then I heard that the King of the Ages had fought all the battles for me; and victory was mine for the claiming, and now, praise His name, I am free!" Then we went into the chorus - "It is finished! The battle is over . . . " All I could do was cry as we sang that verse and chorus! I think that's the most deeply I've been moved by any song in my life.
8. Describe your favorite coffee mug (or show us a photo of it). Why do you like it? My favorite one right now is the stainless steel thermal cup that came with our one-cup coffee maker. It holds about 2 cups of coffee and has a rubber handle and bottom on it. It's not pretty, but it keeps my coffee hot for a lot longer than a regular cup! And I can't get Blogger to upload any pictures. Some new way of doing it that doesn't work! Grrrrr . . . .
Now for my 8 questions . . .
1. What is your favorite main dish to eat or to cook?
2. What was your favorite pet, anytime in your life?
3. Do you have any unreasonable fears?
4. What do you love most about your spouse?
5. Are you more of a leader or a follower?
6. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
7. Is there a hobby or skill you'd like to learn but have never done it, for whatever reason?
8. What is your decorating style?
I tag these 8 people, if you don't mind participating. Leave me a comment and let me know if you play along!
Melody, Sharon, Deborah, Kami, Tammy, Aliene, Bren, Kelly