Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Hump Day


Wednesday is known as Hump Day. It's the middle of the week, and my week always seems to fly by once we get past Wednesday. Except this week. This week is flying by without the help of Hump Day. Today was just a little Speed Bump in the week.

There's a reason it's moving so fast: Monday was a holiday. Not here, of course, but in the US, and we used it as a holiday at our house. We slept in, for one thing. Then we didn't do any kind of work. We grilled our supper. Wes made some incredible barbecued ribs - they were really, really good! He slow-cooked them for about 2 1/2 hours with the grill at about 250 degrees. This was our first time cooking our own ribs, and they were worth the wait. We've already been talking about next time . . .

I watched Wes play video games. It's been a long time since he's played games; he just doesn't have time. He made time Monday, and it was nice. I'm not too much into gaming, so that's when I was finishing my quilt.

So we had a nice, slow day Monday. A day off. Which made Tuesday seem like Monday, until I woke up today and realized it was already Wednesday and Bible study was tonight. At our house. Our incredibly messy house, because I've been planning a new quilt and fabric was everywhere. I also needed to run to the grocery store, because Wes and I will be away this weekend and I needed to get the juice we normally take on Sunday morning to give to one of the families at church so they could take it for us. So this Hump Day was very busy.

Wes and I are going away together on Friday. He felt the need a few weeks ago to take ourselves away for a weekend together, and who am I to argue with that??? We're going to Seattle to just be us - Wes and Susan - not Dad and Mom or Pastor and Susan - just us. Doesn't that sound wonderful?!

So that's why my week is going so quickly. How has your week gone?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like we had the same kind of Monday! Now we are trying to do catch up! It was worth the relaxation. Thank you for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan ~ new quilt??? I read about the bbq'd ribs (delicious!) and your upcoming getaway (how special!), but the "new quilt" phrase you stuck in there really stood out to me! You'll have to tell us all about it! Have fun on your weekend getaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're experiencing the same sense of being thrown off a little bit because of Memorial Day but also because this is our first week off from school. Monday felt like a Saturday, so our natural weekly rhythm is disrupted! :-) But that doesn't mean I don't still love days off!

    You Memorial Day sounds nice as does your upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly ~~ Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment! We do have to play catch-up when we take a day off - bummer! ;)

    Deb ~~ I'm planning a quilt for a friend whose birthday is in July. I'm following a pattern from Moda Bake Shop, but making it the size I want it and with the kind of borders I want. I feel a little bold in making it my own; hopefully it'll come out alright!

    Barbara ~~ I hate it when a day feels like Saturday all day! It's always hard to get a new routine established, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week so far!

    Scott and the boys game too, I do like you and use that as extra sewing time.

    Enjoy your time alone!!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "sharing" the gaming by being in the same room doing something else! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for praying for me! Enjoy your time away; you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhh, yay!! A hubby/wifey trip. Aren't those wonderful? I know you're going to have a wonderful time together.

    You were cracking me up about the days of the week. That happens to me too. hehe

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. C ~~ It is SO good to see you "getting around" so to speak! LOL We'll continue to pray for your complete and speedy recovery!

    Kristi ~~ I love these little trips too. That's why my Honey never hears an argument from me when he suggests one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin