Saturday, June 19, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In: June



I participated in the Friday Night Sew-In hosted by Crafty Vegas Mom this month. I had big plans! Then I went to the fabric store, got stuck in traffic, practiced music with our church music director, ate supper, folded and put away laundry, and took a walk (a necessary thing these days!). Then I had to frog what I'd been working on (rip out stitches - rip it, rip it). So I didn't actually sew anything till about 10:00 last night. This is what I got done:


It's the beginnings of a tote made by the Mill House Inn Tote Bag tutorial. I'm loving the mix of fabrics, but I sure do need to learn free motion quilting so I can do something more imaginative than straight lines! This is made from my little stash of Rebel Roses I bought on our trip to Seattle a couple of weeks ago. I have plans for a journal cover to match.

Thanks to Bobbi for hosting this month and giving me the motivation to at least get a little bit of sewing done on what turned out to be a very busy Friday evening!

5 comments:

  1. Susan, I love those colors in the Rebel Roses fabric and the bag is going to be gorgeous! I'm coveting it!

    Glad you explained "frogging". I have to admit that I did some frogging last night too. I kept putting the wrong side of the fabric down on the right side of the other fabric. AARRGGHHH! And I would notice it until I was pressing it. I did that twice!

    Anyway, I enjoyed FNSI, because it made me get something done. I have been doing more night sewing, since my dh works late nights this time of year, his busy season. Haven't fallen asleep on the couch in 2 or 3 weeks. That's a record for me.

    But, I make myself stop sewing when he comes home so I can spend some time with him while he eats supper, etc. before we go to bed.

    Good Job on your FNSI even though you had to do some frogging. You certainly can't tell it by looking at your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting something done that late. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie ~~ I frog regularly! :) My husband is away in the evenings a lot too, so that's when I like to get some of my sewing done - and like you, I stop when he comes home. Although it was hard to do that last night!

    Barbara ~~ Thank you! I sure was aggravated not to get started on actual sewing until that late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute bag! I like the straight lines - it goes great with the stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Julia! I think it's growing on me! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin