Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In Coming Up


The Friday Night Sew-In for June is on June 18th - that's next Friday night already! So we have a little over a week to plan what we'll work on that night. I'm thinking about working on my second quilt. I'm making it for a friend and basing it on this pattern. I'm making mine scrappy and smaller, with just 12 blocks, and I think I'm going to make that inner border scrappy too, instead of all one fabric. I love the outer border with the little squares, so that stays. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew, but I wanted this quilt to be lap-sized instead of twin size; I think it suits the purpose I have in mind better. So anyway, that's my plan at this point. I've already begun cutting my strips and squares for it. I have a couple of other little projects going too, so I may change my mind before next Friday. Isn't that a woman's prerogative?!!

Why don't you join us this month at Crafty Vegas Mom? It's lots of fun knowing that other women are working on special projects too, and then to see what everyone gets done in one evening is inspiring!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how yours turns out! Mine will definitely be scrappy, cause I got lots of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - thanks so much for these fun posts. I've really enjoyed reading about your projects. My sewing time right now is so limited.....but since school is out for the summer maybe I'll have time to sew (haha). Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie ~~ I was excited to see you're joining in on Friday night! So much fun!

    Melody ~~ I'm glad you enjoy my little projects. Hopefully you can do some sewing this summer. Be sure to post about what you get to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I really do enjoy it.
    Oh - have you seen the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott? I found it at our library but thought of you when I flipped through it. It looks really easy to follow and has some beautiful quilts in it. Here's a link to it on amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I've seen that book! I don't own it, but I looked through it at the bookstore the other day. It does have some beautiful patterns in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin