Monday, June 28, 2010

Busy Days

I'm so sorry for the temporary missing-in-action lapse! We seem to be getting busier and busier around here. I wasn't online for more than about 20 minutes all weekend. Today is almost gone already and I'm just now getting online. In the midst of all the action and busyness I've been reading and studying, and I hope to be able to share some of my thoughts with you soon. Just wanted to pop in and let you know we're still alive and kicking - just got a lot on our plates right now.

Our summer is shaping up before us. Our boys will be home mid-July, one for a couple of weeks and the other for just a few days. The Lord has blessed them with good jobs in Lancaster, so they're working down there through the summer. I can't wait to see them! Sam has an exciting trip coming up after his visit here: he's going to Japan! I'll tell you more about that when he actually goes on his trip.

Beth has camp coming up in July, then we're taking a family trip to Lancaster in late August for their back-to-school revival at West Coast Baptist College. This will be Sam's senior year; can you believe it?! We're all excited about that trip. I'm loving that it's a vacation, a visit with our sons, and a revival all rolled into one! :)

Those are the highlights for our summer, but there are lots of little things to fill in the days. It doesn't even feel like summer here. Our temps are still in the 60s most days, sometimes low 70s (I'm not complaining!), and the rain has hung on all spring and into summer. This afternoon I even took a nap under my quilt. Not bad!

I hope you're having a great summer. Are you gearing up for celebrating on Independence Day?

3 comments:

  1. Most definitely gearing up for some 4th fun!!! My nephew has a fireworks business and does two city shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His senior year already!! It seems like he just started! Sounds like a lovely trip you have planned.

    Our church is having a July 4th dinner on the grounds. Then in the evening we'll probably take some fireworks to my son and DIL's house -- they're in the county and we can shoot them off there, whereas we can't here in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe Sam will be starting his senior year in just a couple of months! I hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin