Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Bird in the House is Worth . . .

We've lived in this house for 3 years. In that time we've had lots of bees get in the house, but never a bird. Until today. I was sitting on the couch in the living room when I heard a fluttering sound. I looked up, and there in the skylight was a bird trying to get out! I called Wes to come down and get it - 'cause I'm brave like that - and he tried several ways to catch the bird.



It didn't mind being petted at all, but it didn't want to be picked up. When it flew back up into the skylight, Wes gave up because he was in the midst of studying for tomorrow's sermons. I went and got the broom and handed it to Beth - 'cause I'm brave like that - and she began to coax the bird onto the broom.



It finally perched on the end of the broom and she carried it across the living room to the window.

 
The bird promptly perched on the metal frame around the window and longingly looked outside! Beth got it to sit on the broom once more and put him outside the window.

 
This time he hung upside down on the window frame. One more little push with the broom and away he flew!

THE END
I HOPE

9 comments:

  1. You were lucky to get him out so easily. I know he appreciates it!

    The worst thing to get in the house is lizards!!

    Once a squirrel came down our chimney and got trapped inside the wood fire insert. We couldn't open the door because we didn't need a crazed squirrel in the house. I can't remember if he ever figured out how to get back up the chimney. It was a long time ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good he was calm with the process and not flying around in panic. I'm glad you were able to get him safely out. Or, Beth was, actually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so brave! HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had a hummingbird in our garage once and it took hours to convince it to fly back out the big door.

    I am glad you were able to set your bird free a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie ~~ Amen to the lizards! When we lived in TX, I would find little tiny baby lizards that were transparent. I couldn't even see them till they moved, which kept me on my toes, so to speak! Awful! Your crazed squirrel made me giggle!

    Barbara ~~ We were amazed at how calm he was, and very grateful. Beth is my opposite - calm and serene.

    Diana ~~ Brave? More like "get this bird outta here before it decides to go ballistic!" LOL

    Tammy ~~ I do hope. Very much.

    Rhonda ~~ A panicked hummingbird would be a sight! This one didn't flutter around, but you could see his little chest pumping up and down after he'd fly around a bit - he was scared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little bird!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last picture is so sweet.

    What kind of bird is that? At first I thought it was a titmouse, but it didn't have the pointy feathered head.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. White ~~ He was a sweet little fella! But not sweet enough to let him live in my house! LOL

    Kristi ~~ I really have no idea what kind of bird it is. I'm thinking a finch, maybe? He was little, only about 3 inches long. His little black head looked like velvet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin