Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hi! I've been MIA for almost a week again without realizing it. How does that happen???

We had a good week here. A sweet friend treated me to lunch on Tuesday. This is the lady who had been planning and planning for us to go out to lunch, but kept getting postponed. Well, we finally did it Tuesday! She took me to The Keg, a very nice steak restaurant. So nice that I gasped when she told me where we were going. I love The Keg, though, so I quickly got over the shock and enjoyed myself! ;) I had a steak and the most delicious spinach salad I've ever had: spinach, mandarin orange slices, glazed pecans, and dried cranberries. So good!

I worked on finishing my Road To Spring quilt this week, and it's almost done now. I'm hand-sewing the binding to the back this evening. I was sewing along merrily the other day when I realized that my machine was going slower and slower and making horrible noise. I was beginning to think maybe I should just look into getting a new one (isn't it amazing how quickly that thought comes up?!), when I decided to check online for the problem and its solution. The most common solution? Oil the machine. So I searched high and low for my sewing machine oil, which will tell you how long it's been since I oiled my machine. I couldn't find it, so I went and bought more. Yesterday afternoon I sat down and put a few drops of oil on the moving parts inside, pumped the handwheel a couple of times, and it immediately just felt better, then started sounding better. I put a piece of fabric under the needle and pushed the feed . . . and away it went, sewing along like new! So I don't need a new machine after all. ;) And I will be oiling my machine on a regular basis from now on.

We had some pictures made in April by our friend John Cruz of Te Amo Photography. We went down to Lonsdale Quay, which overlooks downtown Vancouver, and John spent a couple of hours making us look good. Here are a few pictures, my favorites, and the rest are on my Facebook page. We had tons of fun making these pictures, and I am so pleased with the results! John is establishing his photography business, and I think he will do well with it.

5 comments:

  1. very, very cute pictures of you and your hubby and DD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the pictures are *great*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great!

    You know, I don't know if I have ever oiled my sewing machine. I haven't used it much lately except for mending, but I definitely need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pictures. The scenery is gorgeous! Looks like yall are having a fun time. By the way Susan, your hair looks so
    pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin