Monday, May 03, 2010

Buying Fabric Online

I mentioned buying fabric online a few days ago, and Barbara asked where I buy it online. Truth be told, I've only bought a couple of charm packs from Green Fairy Quilts, so I don't have a great amount of experience in this area, but I've been doing some research and thought I'd share a few sites I've found that seem to have reasonable prices.

Online fabric shops:
fabricworm - modern quilt fabric, Japanese import fabric, home decor fabric - good prices! Most 1/2 yard cuts are $4.25, which is $8.50/yard.
Fabric.com - good prices, free shipping in the US on $35 or more order.
Above All Fabric - my favorite so far! Good prices, reasonable shipping (including shipping to Canada that doesn't cost an arm and a leg), and a great selection of fabrics.
Green Fairy Quilts - good sales, reasonable shipping
Marie-Madeleine Studio - Christian mother and sisters running their own business; love their modest patterns and good selection of fabrics

Etsy shops:
Green Fairy Quilts - again!
Jojo's Quilt and Gift Shoppe
Marie Madeleine Studio
Fresh-Squeezed Fabrics

These are just a few of the shops I've found. Obviously, I haven't even begun to scratch the surface, but hopefully they will give you an idea of where to start looking online for fabrics.

5 comments:

  1. The only place I've purchased online is from Hancocks of Paducah. I like to SEE and FEEL fabric for myself before I buy it, which is why I have a hard time buying online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the resources -- I'll bookmark this for future reference.

    I don't know if I mentioned it before, but fabric.com is a good source -- I bought a Waverly print for curtains there at much less than a shop in town had it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy ~~ I'm the same way, which is why I've only bought some precuts online. But with the prices here, it might be better to buy online - still debating that one. To get the best prices at the local fabric store, I have to join their "membership club" which is about $30 a year - just to get lower prices!

    Barbara ~~ I like what I see at Fabric.com. Like I said, this isn't an exhaustive list; just my bits of searching here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    I buy from Fat Quarter Shop. They ae wonderful and have a large selection and lots of charm packs.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendation, Elizabeth! I've looked at Fat Quarter Shop, but never bought anything from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin