Wednesday, April 07, 2010

They've Arrived!

I promised I'd show you my little charm packs I ordered as soon as they got here, and they arrived yesterday! That's a month after I ordered them and 3 weeks after the seller mailed them. See what I mean by Canada Post taking forever? Beth and I were doing our monthly shopping yesterday, and my little package was here when I got home.

So here are my charm packs. I'm like a dog who's been chasing cars -kind of at a loss as to what to do with them now that they're here! ;) I ordered Nostalgia by April Cornell and Happy Campers by American Jane Patterns. Nostalgia caters to my love of all things feminine, and Happy Campers is all about cute, retro-style prints; I love both and can't decide which I like better. I'm beginning to realize, though, that whatever I like I should look at patterns first and then order, because I'm finding that most patterns require more than one charm pack. I'm planning to make a couple of table runners with these, and then maybe I'll order some more and make something larger.


The turnover is Kansas Winter, and was free with my order. It's Christmasy, so I'm going to make a Christmas table runner from it, probably this one from Moda Bake Shop.

I practiced my free-motion quilting one evening and haven't been back to it yet. Still gathering courage!


Can you see the very bottom of my coffee cup there behind the turnover? That cup contains Chocolate Velvet coffee that I bought yesterday. When I get the milk and sweetener just right, it tastes like a Tootsie Roll! Yum!

Just so you know, I haven't been paid or received any type of compensation for any of these products. In fact, I paid for all of them! Just sharing my life, not making money here.

11 comments:

  1. I like them both too! I do the same thing with fabric, buy yards and yards and then try to figure out what to make with it.

    Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret ~~ I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! ;)

    Diana ~~ They're cute, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty fabric! I can't wait to see the table runner and whatever else you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth ~~ I'm thinking that with 9 months till Christmas, maybe I'll actually finish it before the season gets here. But I'm not known for finishing craft projects on any kind of time frame! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! You better get started on the Christmas one-It's already April-Christmas will be here before we know it!!! :)

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin ~~ I know!!! Isn't it amazing how every year you have so many plans for Christmas gifts and then it just sneaks up on you?! ;) I've been playing with the Kansas Winter turnover already, but I haven't sewn any together yet. Hoping to get some done today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you read the Sew, Mama, Sew blog? They just posted a video tutorial about free-motion quilting today:

    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=6399

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara ~~ Yes, I do read SMS. I've been loving all the Quilting Month posts, but I haven't had a chance to get over there yet today. But I will! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both so cute and will make nice runners!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon ~~ Now that I have the fabric out and working with it, it's so nice! I'm having trouble with the first runner; we'll have to see how it comes out. I've never worked with triangles before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin