Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pretty Normal

So far, this has been a normal week. Our weather is getting more spring-like. We had  a gorgeous day Monday; it was sunny and in the 60s. Since then, though, we've had gray and rain, which is nothing unusual for Vancouver in April.

I haven't taken a day and just gone looking at things just for me in a long time, so that's what I did Monday. I ran a couple of errands first, then I headed over to the fabric store and browsed to my heart's content. I found out that I'd just as well order my fabrics online as to buy them at the fabric store. They don't carry a huge selection of fabrics I like, and their prices are almost double the prices I've seen online. I did find a bin of patterns for 99 cents to $1.99 and found 4 in there that I liked: two dresses, a skirt, and a blouse. I don't know when I'll make them, but I have them when I'm ready! ;) I do have a nice border-print denim that I'm going to use for the skirt, so that will probably be the first thing I make. I also got some machine quilting thread and a pack of bobbins for my machine. Sounds exciting, huh?! I'm the last of the big spenders.

Tuesday, Beth and I went out again to shop for some supplies for her Etsy shop. This time we went to Winners (similar to Marshall's or TJ Maxx, I think), where I bought some paper-crafting yummies, and then on to Michaels. Beth will have an exciting event in her shop soon, which I'll tell you about later! I got some basic supplies at Michaels too, but nothing all that exciting. See, just normal stuff.

We've changed our midweek Bible study at our house from Thursday night back to Wednesday night. Do you know how hard it is to change something like that once you get used to it??? I still feel like I'm having an extra day in the week, which is a good thing, because now I don't feel like we rush into the weekend. We've been working through the study book For the Faith, and we've really had some good discussions with our church family as we've finished each lesson. I've enjoyed it, because even though I've been in church most of my life, in Christian schools most of my school years, and teaching Sunday school for most of my adult life . . . there are still things to learn! The Bible is a living Book, and every time we read or study it there's something new.

Today I plan to work in my kitchen cleaning counters and cabinet fronts. It's been a long time since I've really paid attention to them other than just wiping them down or swiping at a spot as I wash the dishes. The floor needs a good mopping too, since we'll have people over tonight. I hate mopping the floor!

I'm also spending a few minutes every morning working on our papers for obtaining our permanent residence status here in Canada. I had no idea how time-consuming this process would be! It involves lots of red tape and remembering of totally forgotten things like every address I've had since I was 18. That was a long time ago! And I've slept a lot since then! LOL So I'm spending a minimum of 15 minutes each morning (evening doesn't work - I tried) just plugging away at it. Why 15 minutes? Because I'll actually do it if it's just a few minutes, but if it's a long morning of nothing but paperwork, I'll put it off. It works for me!

So that's all the normal stuff going on today. I hope you're having a good week and that everything is normal at your house, too! :)

3 comments:

  1. good that you had a nice day:) godbless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy hearing about your normal day! :-)

    I'd be interested to know where you buy fabrics online. I got curtain material at fabric.com once at much less that the same in stores. In our town only Hobby Lobby sells fabric any more except for a couple of places that sell fabric for upholstery and drapes. Our local Wal-Mart took out their sewing and craft section, but I think the Wal-Mart on the other side of town still has theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laikka ~~ Thanks for stopping by and taking a minute to comment! :)

    Barbara ~~ The only fabric I've bought online so far is the little charm packs I got a couple of weeks ago. I got those from Green Fairy Quilts. You've given me the idea for a blog post about places to buy fabric online. I have several places that I check on, but have never ordered from any other than that one.

    Our Wal Mart here still has fabric, and so does the brand new one where I shop in WA once a month. The prices are good, but the quality is not as good as the "brand names" you can get online. The selection is fairly small at WM too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin