Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just a Couple of Things

Thank you all for your sweet comments regarding my husband's grandparents' 70th anniversary! We are truly blessed to have them with us still, and we appreciate all your kind thoughts toward them!

Today's been a busy day! I had my annual eye doctor's appointment this afternoon. He dilated my eyes, which he only does about once every 2-3 years, and took a look at my retinas and whatever else is down in there, and said that they're perfect - once again no signs of diabetic damage. I'm so deeply thankful to the Lord for that. He sure has blessed me much more than I deserve! Driving home with still-dilated eyes was quite the experience - quite scary, actually. All the lights looked like starbursts, which made it really hard to see the road. I drove fairly slowly and paid really close attention to everyone around me . . . and we were all relieved when I pulled into the driveway!

Secondly, most of you know that my husband's parents are missionaries in Jamaica, which happens to be in the Caribbean. They were not affected at all by the earthquake that hit Haiti yesterday, although the eastern end of the island did feel some of the tremors. We praise the Lord for their safety!

Finally, I've learned today that the mother of my sister's best friend in junior high, Mrs. Sarah Bennett, is missing in Jacmel, Haiti, which is near Port-au-Prince. News reports say that that city was also heavily damaged. Mrs. Bennett runs a missions agency in Jacmel, Mission for Haiti.  Dr. Frank Garlock of Majesty Music (you may know him as the father-in-law of Ron Hamilton aka Patch the Pirate), was in the midst of a missions meeting with Mrs. Bennett. Neither Mrs. Bennett nor Dr. Garlock have been heard from since the earthquake. Please pray for these people and their families. Majesty Music has a statement on their home page.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info, Susan. i just went to their site to check the statement and will keep it with what's happening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin