Friday, January 01, 2010

Checking In

Our Pastor's Open House went very well last night! The food came together just fine, but as I suspected, there was a thing or two I forgot to plan - of course. I forgot to get cups ready, and those are pretty necessary when you're having cider, coffee, and tea, you know. So I dug out my china teacups from the set passed down to me from my mother - delicate, fine white china - to use with very pretty, although paper, plates. One of our men gave up on the tiny delicate cups and went into the kitchen and got a mug! LOL It makes me feel good that our people feel enough at home in our house to go and get a mug when they need one.

Today I'm recuperating . . . and nursing a cold. The scratchy throat began yesterday afternoon, turned into a sore throat before bed, and now is just tickly and slightly raw. I have no fever or headache or anything like that, just a swimmy head. I've been lying on the sofa sleeping most of the day away (after waking up at 10:00 this morning), and now I feel alert enough to go online for a bit.

Has anyone ever watched Fiddler on the Roof? One of our church families loaned it to us to watch. It's 3 hours long, so I'm waiting for just the right time to start it. If Beth wasn't watching a movie right now, I'd say now would be a good time. Maybe when she's finished.

I hope you're having a great New Year's Day!

7 comments:

  1. You've never watched Fiddler on the Roof???? You will surely enjoy it!!! I don't know how many times I've watched it - probably 5 or 6 times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a good movie - with lots of singing

    and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've never seen the Fiddler? Its a good, bitersweet movie. We love it, even my kids.

    Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad the open house went well! I usually forget a detail or two as well.

    I'm sorry you're catching a cold! Hope it blows over soon. I thought I was -- had a scratchy throat and cough one night, but was ok the next day.

    We watched Fiddler years ago and want to see it again some time. I had heard most of the songs before, so it was fun to see them in context. I especially liked the storyline of the oldest daughter and her tailor.

    The one thing that made me a little uncomfortable was the way the main character spoke to God. With older kids, though, they can understand that that was that guy's way and not something we should emulate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Fiddler yet either but want to. Pastor's wives have soooo many things to attend to and keep track of it is expected that we forget a detail or two! I'm glad your church family loves and knows you enough to improvise! Have a blessed 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.

    Enjoy your movie!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Fiddler on the Roof years ago, and have also seen it done by a community theatre group. It was good, but a three hour movie is a little too long for me to watch more than once or twice....however, my brother and his wife, watch it every year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin