Friday, January 29, 2010

17

 
Our baby girl is 17 today!!! I can't believe that our Beth is already 17 - where has the time gone? I'll never forget seeing her for the first time . . . beautiful long eyelashes laying against her cheek, just as plump and rosy as could be . . . calm and quiet from the beginning . . . looked a lot like her Grandpa Hutchens (I was quite dismayed over that for the first couple of days, till I realized she was much prettier than Grandpa!) . . . our very own baby girl! We named her Elizabeth Rose, the name we'd chosen for our little girl even before we were married . . . we'd even chosen the shortened nickname Beth.

Over the years she has continued to be a delight to us  . . . she made a profession of faith at 4 and we had no reason to doubt that for years . . . till around 12, when she realized she was not sure she was saved . . . she made sure of her salvation and has grown in the Lord since then . . . she's my right arm at home . . . the common sense to my dreaming nature . . . knows just how to make people comfortable without making a fuss . . . has a fashionable sense of style, yet is totally modest . . . still quiet and calm.

When we offered to take her out for dinner for her birthday, her reaction was, "But Mom's making me Parmesan Chicken and cheesecake!" She prefers my cooking to a restaurant meal? What a sweet girl! ;) I'm taking her shopping today at Tall Girl in downtown Vancouver - she has been saving for today and we'll add to it - and making her special dinner and dessert. And she has the day off from school!

How thankful I am for my sweet daughter and for the 17 years of her life so far! I'm anticipating many more joys and achievements from this girlie, and my prayer is that she will always have the heart for God and others that we see in her now.

Happy Birthday, Beth!
Your Daddy and I love you more than you will ever know!!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to a jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Beth!!! Enjoy that cheesecake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Beth! She is a beautiful young lady...inside and out.

    They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Beth! She sounds like a wonderful young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Beth. I think you were 15 when I started reading your mom's blog. You're so beautiful and have such a sweet countenance on your face in your pictures.

    Hope you had a really wonderful day!!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post! Happy birthday to Beth! Sorry I'm late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Bday to Beth and to you, her momma, for giving birth and raising her.

    I love her name. My DD is Nina Elizabeth, she is expecting their 1st baby in June, she will be named Elizabeth and called Beth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin