Saturday, December 05, 2009

Ladies' Christmas Breakfast

We had our annual Ladies' Christmas Breakfast this morning at a local restaurant. This year I decided to have it at a restaurant so none of us would have to worry about bringing food or decorating, and the ladies seemed to enjoy it. I don't have any pictures of the meal because our camera is messed up and takes lots of nursing along to make it take one picture - not conducive to taking pics in a restaurant quickly!

We had just six ladies this year, which made for a more intimate meal. We talked, laughed, and cried together as we shared things in our lives, and I hope we encouraged each other and strengthened our friendships. We also discussed things we'd like to do for each other, our missionaries, and our college students, as well as ladies' activities and fellowships. Please pray for me to have direction as the leader of these ladies! They are all willing and anxious to serve and fellowship together, but I'm always second-guessing many of the ideas I have, thinking no one would be interested or have time. I need the Lord's guidance in so many things! And then I need the boldness to do what He directs!

Wes and I are so grateful for each of our ladies. As I told them today, you have no idea the joy it brings us each week when we see each person walk into the room. We love each one and praise the Lord for their faithfulness!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it was such a blessing!

    I do a lot of the same kind of second-guessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin