Sunday, December 13, 2009

December Daily: As We Approach the New Year . . .

Think about people who find themselves in religious ruts. They discover a number of things about themselves. They will find that they are getting older but not getting any holier. Time is their enemy, not their friend. They were not any better last year than they had been the year before.

A. W. Tozer


This spoke to my heart so clearly when I first read it. I want to do better, to be better, each year of my life. My former pastor used to say, "A rut is a grave with the ends kicked out."

When you're in a grave, it's over!

As we approach another year, let's take the time to evaluate where we are this year in relation to last year and purpose in our hearts to grow in Christ this coming year, to become holier and not just older, to make time our friend. Time does pass very quickly; let's put every moment to its best use!

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. ~~ Ephesians 5:15-17


1 comment:

  1. Totally agree--make every moment count!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin