Thursday, November 05, 2009

Leisure Time!


I'm sitting in Panera Bread in Palmdale, California, acting like a lady of leisure who has time to sit in little coffee shops and surf the web all afternoon! ;) I have none of my children with me. Each of the boys had something they needed to do, and Beth wanted to go to college choir practice and just hang around campus this afternoon. She's having a great time, making herself right at home. So I went to Wal Mart and got the boys a few snacks that they can't afford right now and a few necessities. I find a lot of joy and satisfaction in asking what they need and getting it for them.

The Keelys are great hosts. They provided me a room and a way to get into the house when they're not home and told me to come and go as I please. I slept so well last night, then got up after everyone was out the door for school and work this morning so I wouldn't be in their way. They've made me feel very comfortable by going about their normal schedules and giving me the freedom to come and go as I need to. Wes and I so appreciate their hospitality!

I've come to the conclusion that GPS units are evil. I got one in our rental car so I wouldn't get lost between LA and Lancaster, and what does the stupid thing do? Take me on the most inconvenient, roundabout route it could possibly come up with to get to Lancaster! I was not a happy camper when we finally arrived last night. Today I can laugh about it. And it's being a wonderful help and companion getting around Lancaster. But I have clear directions for getting back to LA Saturday morning - directions that don't take me on the scenic route!

I may be back over here tomorrow, depending on what the activities are during the afternoon. I hope to attend at least one class with each of the boys tomorrow morning, then chapel and lunch. See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with the boys and spoil them! I love sending Sydney boxes of fun stuff that she may not buy herself or may not have the money for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having some time to just relax .....and to keep us up to date, of course! Have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun -- except the scenic route. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, I enjoyed spoiling the boys so much!

    Deb, I enjoyed being with all 3 of my children this week, although the 3 of us weren't together at the same time very often. The boys are really busy, and Beth was all over the place going to classes and making new friends.

    Barbara, that scenic route was NOT my favorite part of the trip! I can laugh now, but I wasn't laughing Wednesday evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin