Sunday, November 08, 2009

Always Good To Be Home

Beth and I arrived home last night around 9:30. We'd been on the road/in the air since 10:00 that morning, and we were both just longing to get home and get in our own beds. And that's exactly what we did! We filled Wes in on the biggest things from the week, then we all went to bed. Wes and I were in bed by 10:00.

Beth really, really enjoyed her time at West Coast, so much so that she didn't want to leave. She attended classes on both Thursday and Friday; her favorite was Baptist History (which was a surprise to me! LOL). She also enjoyed the sign language and Christian Womanhood classes she attended. I went to classes on Friday - even at my age! - one each with Samuel and Andrew, and one that I was just interested in, Methods and Materials, a course from the Education major. We also attended chapel both days, which was a blessing. The students hear an average of 10 sermons a week between chapel and church services! Beth is so excited about going to college, but she still has two years of high school left. I told her that is a good thing - she has two years to work and save money toward college!

Speaking of making money for college . . . Beth works hard making jewelry for her Etsy shop, edbdbeadz. If you're interested in giving jewelry for Christmas, consider looking at the items in her shop and see if there's something there you might like to give as a gift. She will give you excellent service and a quality product! Yes, I will shamelessly promote my daughter's work, because she does a good job, this is her only means of income at this time, and this is my blog! ;)

I have a few pictures from the week that I'll share with you tomorrow. Tonight I'm just relaxing and gearing up for another week. I hope your Sunday has been a good one, and I'll see you tomorrow, Lord willing!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! I'm glad you enjoyed your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb! Now to get myself back in the swing of things . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin