Thursday, October 22, 2009

Over a Week?

Oh, my goodness! It's been over a week since I've posted here! Busy days, lots of work to do, lots of crafting, lots of . . . reading blogs. So yes, I've been online, just not writing anything much. I did submit a blog entry at KJV Blog Directory introducing our family and church on Monday Ministry Highlights.

A few thoughts . . .

I've been looking for fall decorating ideas by following links to links to links . . . and finding, much to my amazement, that many Christian ladies decorate their homes for Halloween. If you do, please don't take offense, but considering that the Bible teaches us to "think on these things" in Philippians 4:8 and "to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness" in Ephesians 5:8, I just don't do Halloween at all. I know that most people think of it as harmless fun, so if you decorate or celebrate - that's your choice. Aunt Ruthie at Sugar Pie Farmhouse had an excellent answer to the question of "Do you decorate your house for Halloween?" Scroll down that post to "Time for another Q and A." I agree with her wholeheartedly on the Scriptures she chose!


Wes bought me some beautiful roses for our anniversary! This is quite an unusual bouquet: it only has 11 roses. You see, years and years ago, before we were married, he brought me a bouquet with 11 roses in it. The card read, "Stand before a looking-glass and the 12th and most beautiful rose will be looking back at you." Awwwww!!! Well, with the roses he gave me last week was a card that read, "You're still the most beautiful rose!" I cried. He is the most loving and caring man I could have ever found!


October is Pastor Appreciation Month, and last night our church family treated our family to dinner at a restaurant. We enjoyed it so much, especially getting to know each person just a little bit better. Even one of our newest attenders came, and Wes and I especially enjoyed getting to know him. We have a wonderful group of people here!

Sam starts his new job Monday as a sales person for T Mobile. He's pretty excited about it. After two years of working on campus and traveling with tour groups, he's finally glad to have a job that will enable him to build his savings account. The campus jobs have sure been welcome, as they've paid his tuition, but he's beginning to look to the future and needing to save some money as well as pay for school. So we're glad the Lord gave him this job.

Andrew is still looking for another job. The first one turned out not to be as good as it looked, and long story short, he has been looking for a job since the first week of school. We are praying and trusting the Lord to provide for him, and we're excited to see what the Lord will do to prove Himself faithful to our boy! Here's Andrew at the beginning-of-school luau, with the girl he invited to go with him. That was an interesting story! They had a good time when all was said and done.



A large portion of my time lately has been spent in stocking up my Etsy shop! I'm having a blast making stuff, and I'm excited about the coming Christmas season. I hope lots of people want to send handmade cards this fall and Christmas and tie handmade tags on their gifts! :) I'm working on another custom order right now, which I love. I enjoy doing something that is just what a person wants.


I guess that's all for now. I have lots of blog post ideas floating around in my head; I just haven't gotten them out through my fingers! Hopefully that will change soon. Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. This was such a lovely and full post. My favorite would have to be your story about the roses. I am also very happy for you that your congregation took you to dinner.
    Those tags are adorable.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful roses -- and what a wonderful, lovely sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin