Sunday, September 06, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

I hope all my American and Canadian friends have a nice holiday! Wes and I are creating an office/crafting area out of the extra room we have now thanks to both boys going off to college. We've never shared such a space before, so we'll see how this works out. Today he said, "Now we'll see who has the most junk!" Wonder what he meant by that???

School starts for Beth on Tuesday. I'm still not completely ready, but I think she is. She hasn't felt well this week, so I'm hoping that by Tuesday she'll be well again. Maybe school will help get her body back on a regular schedule and it'll straighten itself out.

Our numbers were a bit low at church today. We have one lady visiting her mother in Europe, and several of our nannies may have had to work because of this being the last holiday weekend of the summer. A lot of times, when one of them isn't there it's because the family they work for has decided to take a last-minute vacation, and of course, as the nanny, they must go too. We started using a modified version of Patch the Pirate Club in Sunday school this morning. The children were very excited about it, and we have a lady who has volunteered to be my helper each week! It will be such a blessing to have someone who can come in every week to help.

That's about it for this evening. We worked hard this weekend, and I'm about ready for bed. Have a great holiday and week! :)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it would work for Jim and I to share craft/office space. That's sort of what we do now -- all of that kind of thing is in what the previous owners called a sunroom. I get really frustrated when his stuff gets put in front of or on top of my stuff -- he probably gets frustrated that I have so much stuff. But I hope it goes well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,
    I hope you have a nice Labor Day! We are going to a movie later this afternoon.

    I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon. My daughter Michelle has a been fighting a cold... though I think she is on the mend now.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all went well setting up your craft/office area.

    We plan to do the same in Sydney's old room but we have to paint first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan...I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog A Creative Heart. I'll be back to visit you...in a hurry right now.

    God bless...
    HOPE~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin