Monday, August 31, 2009

Trying Again: Week 3

Weight Problems
Weight Problems

I thought this was just too cute!

Good Monday morning! It's been a good weekend, even with sending our boy off to college. We had great services at church yesterday. It was so good to see all of our people pitching in and learning how to set up the sound system and keyboard . . . and for being there when the pastor was away! Andrew and Ryan were our set-up guys, and even though they had shown all the men how to do it, yesterday was the first time they'd done it without the boys and/or Wes being there to help them out. We had a few hairy moments: first the keyboard was too loud and the mic was off; then the mic was on but you couldn't hear the keyboard through the speakers; then they were both coming through the speakers but the keyboard was too loud again . . . and on it went for about 15 minutes! We finally got it all figured out . . . just in time for church to start! I use we very loosely here; it was actually Beth and the men. I helped by staying out of the way and playing something on the keyboard to test the speakers! ;)

Well, I've put off my report from last week's Weight Loss Challenge long enough. This was my third week . . . and it was horrible! So horrible that by Saturday I just quit tracking the daily points and coasted through the weekend. I was only getting like 3 points per day! Now we're starting a new week - see why I love Mondays so much? I get to start all over with a clean slate today. I do have to exercise this week. I am feeling what I call gloppy - I have energy and the desire to do things, but I don't feel quick. Does that make sense? Exercise always helps me not feel so gloppy.

So how did you do? Hopefully better than I did! Surely better than I did! Tell us how your week went in the comments. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you will join me for Crock Pot Wednesdays at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. My "blue" this week is part of a tribute to Julia Child. Hope to see you signed up with Mister Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SueAnne6:40 PM

    Well, last Monday I reported that I had gained a pound from the week before. Then I gained a few more pounds on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was so upset on Thursday that I went to see a doctor. She put me on a 1200 calorie a day diet and I've lost four pounds since my report last week. I've been keeping track of everything I stick in my mouth and was suprised to find out that I have been way over on my calories and fat. I guess what worked for me for the first 50 pounds ( just watching carbs and sugars )isn't going to work for the last 20. Anyways, I feel that I'm back on the right track.

    Susan, I love that picture ! And you are right about Mondays. Good luck this week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture - soooo cute!
    I am having health issues related to my diet, so I am concentrating on that rather than losing weight (I know that will come as I eat correctly for my condition). I have also been trying the skirts everyday thing and am finding I don't want to lounge around as much so I am more active and getting more done - an unforeseen bonus! Spring has sprung here in Australia and I have more energy to do do do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, Mondays are great.
    Love that picture, you know here there are lots of kids who are obsessed with the scale and 3, 4 and 5. They watch their parents who constantly weigh themselves and now some of them are even having problems because they are afraid to eat. Strange huh, wish I had that problem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin