Thursday, August 27, 2009

Show & Tell Friday: Willow Tree Figurines


Joining in with Kelli's Show & Tell Friday! Today I want to show you my Willow Tree figurines. I like for anything I collect to have meaning for me, and each of these little figurines has a special meaning. I didn't start collecting these till about 2 years ago, when they'd already been popular for a long time. I guess they had to grow on me!


These were my first Willow Trees. My children gave them to me for my birthday in 2007.
They are Love (middle), Joy (left), and Peace (right) - three children, three figurines! ;)


This one was given to each mother in our church on Mother's Day, 2007. It reminds me of my two boys. How I miss their little-boy days! Now they are both young college men. I just need one with a little girl now for my Beth. I'll find one!


Ahhh! I love this one. It wasn't given to me; I found it at a thrift store and snatched it right up! The thing I love about this one is that Wes and I often stand just like this - his arms around my waist, my face turned up to his, and my hand reaching up to his face. A very sweet reminder of the contentment we find with each other!

All of my Willow Tree figures are on or around my fireplace. I enjoy the light colors against the red and white brick of the fireplace, the textures of the wood and brick against each other, and the little touch of ivy around the trio in the middle, which softens the look of the brick. I hope you've enjoyed looking at my Willow Tree collection and hearing the story behind each piece!

For more Show & Tell entries, visit Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home!

20 comments:

  1. What incredibly sweet figurines. I've never seen anything like them before but I can see why you like them so much. They are beautiful in their simplicity.
    Thank you for sharing and have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan.

    Thanks for visiting me. Love your posting too. They are simple but yet beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Willow Tree figurines, they are so lovely. Yours are beautiful! I only have one called Sisters By Heart (my sister gave it to me a few years ago). I love the one in the last picture. I gave one like this to my daughter when she was married last December. (That's so sweet what you said about you and your husband.) Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined in Kelli's Show & Tell today and have enjoyed visiting others participating. I love your Willow Tree figures ~ especailly the meaning behind each one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just a couple, but I love them. They are so graceful. Yours are lovely.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous....I love 'em so. I don't have one, but I do stop and look at them when I'm in Hallmark stores!

    My show n tell is about the symbol of Native Americans today...the kokopelli.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice, and romantic. Nice posting today.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, you present them so beautifully! I collect the Willow Tree figurines too, and it's so fun to see someone else's collection.

    I might just have to take pictures of mine and post about them today. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these too. For Christmas my husband gave me the nativity scene and I display it on my fireplace mantle all year long reminding me of our dear precious Emmanuel ~ who is God with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that is the beauty of collecting figurines. They should represent something to the collector. I have several of the Willow Tree ones. I'm waiting for them to come out with one holding a bear. I like the ones you have and what they mean to you.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOw great that each one does represent a memory and how you know each one was given to you at a certain special time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The couple is my favorite, and one I'd like to add to my home. Love the sweet stories that go with these beautiful figures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't they special! I have the one with the boys too. Our sons are now 20 and 22 and I miss those little boy days!!

    Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love Company!

    Enjoy
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the "history" of your Willow Tree collection.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. It took these a while to grow on me, too. I have a mom and dad each with a boy. My kids don't "get it" -- they keep offering to draw faces on them. ;-)

    I love the couple. I had never seen the trio.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just received my first one this year for Mother's Day. One of my daughters sends one each year to her favorite long-distance friend at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, stopping by for the first time to visit your Show and Tell ~ and I love the Willow Tree figurines! I bought one for a dear friend as a birthday gift one time. Sweet place you have here. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment.
    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely collection... I've never seen these before. I like them very much.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have 2 of the one in the middle. My stepdaughter accidently gave me the same one two Christmases in a row! LOL. I have 4 in all. One my husband gave me last Christmas is called the anniversary. My stepdaughter collects these and he gave her the father and daughter one at Christmas too.

    What a great Thrift Store find! I would have grabbed it up too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Got your comment on my blog.....thank you for your kind words!
    I too love Willow Tree figures. I only have three of them, but they all have a special meaning behind them. Every time I look at them I'm reminded of those secret meanings behind them, and the occasion for which they were given.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin