Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy 45th, Mom & Dad!

My husband's parents, Wes and Evelyn Hutchens, are celebrating their 45th anniversary today! We are so proud of them! They have remained faithful and dedicated to the Lord and each other all these years. I'm always amazed at how well they fit each other. Dad is busy, talkative, teasing, and passionate about his beloved Jamaicans; Mom is also busy, but she's more calm and quiet and always has a suggested solution for any problem you have. She's also passionate about Jamaica, but in a quieter way than Dad! ;) I see traits of them both in my husband and children. Wes is much like his mother in temperament, but he has his nutty side like his dad. Samuel and Beth have their dad's & grandmother's quiet personality, and Andrew has his grandpa's outrageous sense of humor. Isn't it amazing and wonderful how God allows family traits to trickle down through the generations? Here is the most recent picture I have of my in-laws, from when Beth visited them in July:


Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad!
We love you!


P.S. I think Mom deserves an award for living with Dad all these years! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Susan, Wes's parents are the first couple I know to celebrate their anniversary the same day as ours. Today is our 29th. Happy Anniversary to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SueAnne11:23 AM

    What a sweet looking couple ! And you seem to genuinely love them. What a blessing, Susan. Not everyone is fond of their in-laws. We've been married 18 years and cannot wait until we celebrate our 45th !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy anniversary to them! How neat to have such a sweet and fun couple as in-laws and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you each one for your wishes for my in-laws. I have indeed been blessed with wonderful parents-in-law. None of us is perfect, but we all love each other, and that goes a long way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susan,
    I just happened to come across your blog, it was a link from another blog. I saw that you are in Canada. We are also in Canada attending language school to learn French. I was very excited when I saw a picture of your in-laws. We know them! Please tell them Brother Patrick and Sister Kami said Happy Anniversary! We are also Macedonia Missionaries and have been blessed to park our Motor Home next to their 5th wheel for a few conferences! I'm looking forward to reading your blog.
    Kami Gimenez
    adayinthelifeofamissionarywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin