Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Long Day

Hi, everybody! How has your day been? Mine has been long. I woke up at 5:30 this morning with a pain in my shoulder that wouldn't let me go back to sleep. I got up and put some pain relief rub on it, which helped me relax a little till I got up at 6:15. A hot shower helped more, then I had some toast and took three ibuprofen. I've never taken that many in my life! But I have been pain-free the rest of the day, so that's my pain strategy from now on!

Being pain-free did not help me stay awake this afternoon. I fell asleep on the couch and slept for . . . I can't remember now what time I went to sleep! But I woke up at 3:00 and fixed supper and piddled around on the computer. Then I worked on my Etsy shop till Samuel texted Wes that he was in a hotel room and I could call him. We work it that way so that it won't cost Sam cell phone minutes. We have unlimited long distance on our home phone to Canada and the US, so it works out very well for all of us. So we all talked to Sam tonight, which was fun.

Andrew's party last night was great! We invited around 50 people, and almost everyone came. It was a drop-in, and everybody dropped in within a few minutes of each other. Somebody asked me how many our house could hold, and I said, "We'll find out in a few minutes!" I've never had that many people in my house at once, and I loved it. Andrew was blessed with many gifts through the kindness of our friends, for which we're thankful. I'll have some pictures to share tomorrow.

One more thing . . . I started a Facebook page for my Etsy shop today, also called HandmadeByGrace. If you're on Facebook, I'd love for you to become a fan! It feels really funny asking people to become a fan of mine, but this is one way to spread the word about my shop. When a person becomes a fan of my page, it shows on their home page that they have done so, then other people can click on their link to see what my page is about - and theoretically, there will be a snowball effect, with people joining because people joined because people joined, and so on. It's all in fun, so come by if you'd like.

Well, I'm worn out this evening. I hope to be more productive tomorrow. See you then!

3 comments:

  1. I became a fan. I love looking at the cards you made - they're just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have indeed had a long day! Glad the party went so well and you're feeling better. I've taken three ibuprofen before. I usually start with two and then a third if that two don;t help after a while. Actually, a ob/gyn even prescribed four at a time for very, very heavy times of the month -- somehow it's supposed to help sow things down. If I got it in prescription form (helpful because insurance would then pay) it came with bolded warnings about it being a high dosage and not to take longer than necessary. Thankfully things in general in that regard are slowing up a bit and I don't need it as much.

    Probably TMI. :-)

    I will go find you shop on Facebook and become a fan. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin