Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's been a much more productive day than yesterday! No naps. I've done housework, laundry, grading schoolwork (still just a bit of that to finish), taken pictures of paper crafts I've made, listed several new items in my shop, and cooked supper. Now Beth and I are about to go shopping for some craft supplies and go to the gym (I'd just as soon not go to the gym!). And that will just about fill up the whole day.

We had tons of veggies left after Andrew's party Monday night. Do you fix too much food for parties too? I have a fear of not having enough food, so I always overdo it. Tonight I made a stir-fry to try and use up the veggies. After supper, Beth walked into the kitchen and said, "Is that all the vegetables we used up?" Yes, we still have tons of veggies left over. Stir-fry, anyone?

Wes is not crazy about veggies, so when I get a hankering for stir-fry, I fix double the sauce, cook the meat and veggies separate, then split the sauce between them. It works well for us. He eats just the meat and rice and the rest of us eat it all. Just a small way to honor my husband's preferences!

Andrew has picked up a new interest: balloon animals. He got a book at the library yesterday, decided he could probably make the ones in the book, and got some balloons today. He's been practicing all afternoon. Beth is now the proud owner of several balloon dogs (who reside upon her desk), and I was gifted with a balloon flower. He's also made a Pink Panther, which ended up looking like Pink Panther in front, but in back - not so much! I'll have to take some pics to show you. All was fine with my flower till one of the petals popped when I was in the room alone. It took a few minutes for my heart rate to slow back down.

Lastly, Beth is having a sale in her Etsy shop, edbdbeadz . . . buy one, get one of equal or lesser value 1/2 off. Stop by if you can!

That's it for now. I'll post some pictures from Andrew's party in another post. Have a great evening!

4 comments:

  1. Susan, that is too funny about your balloon popping. I would've gone through the roof! Stephen tells me I have GOT to quit being so jumpy.

    Those little balloon animals are fun to make though. We have a pump laying around here somewhere from when Stephen and I used to make them for children's church. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do tend to make too much food, too. Stir fry is a great way to use veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and balloon animals and shapes are great for VBS and kids' ministries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always cook tons of food too! I would hate to run out. My oldest son got into making animals out of those balloons too when he was younger. My husband used to do birthday parties when he was a teenager so he knew how to do that and they both had fun making them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin