Monday, May 25, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge: Day 1

Wes and I are beginning our six-week weight-loss challenge today. I think he'll probably win, but I'll give him a fight for it! ;) I reminded him yesterday that we can still have diet sodas or a dessert every now and then; we just wouldn't get the points that day for not having them. His reply? "Why would I do this if I'm just going to cheat?" See what I'm up against? He is sometimes a bit . . . shall we say . . . stubborn? This iron will of his is where that comes from. But you didn't hear it from me.

I've exercised more the past week than I have in a while. With the weather so nice, it's easier to talk myself into taking a walk, and last night after church Wes and I took a walk on the trail that leads past our house and into the forest. It was a beautiful walk, very secluded but with the traffic just a few hundred yards away on the Trans-Canada Highway.

I'll update here on Mondays to let you know how we're doing. I just know you'll be sitting on the edge of your seats, breathlessly waiting to see how many points we earned or how much weight we lost! ;) If you're joining in with us, let us know so we can encourage you, too!

Just as a reminder, here are the guidelines:

You get 1 point for each of the following:
  • 30 minute workout
  • No Soda (even diet)
  • No Sweets
  • Drinking 48 oz of water per day
  • No eating within 2 hours of bed
  • 7 hours of sleep
  • 5 servings of fruits and veggies

    There are 2 freebie points a week that are for your oops moments and if you get a perfect score for the week you get 2 more bonus points! At the end of your set time, you get to add a bonus point for every pound you lost.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that sounds like a great plan. I'm sure you'll do well, maybe even win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tori! I've done pretty good Mon. and Tues. but today I've been wanting something sweet and having a hard time drinking my water. Water is always a challenge to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin