Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Walk in the Park

I've been taking walks in the park near our house this week and enjoying it so much! I took a few pics with my phone Tuesday evening and thought I'd share them with you. This park runs north-south along a street called Grand Boulevard. On either side are houses, with the park running between the two sides of Grand Boulevard. Most of the homes are older, but some of those are being torn down and new houses built in their place. I think that's a little sad; I love the old homes. Grand Boulevard Park is a popular place for people to walk, run, bike, walk their dogs, have a picnic, or just sit on a bench and enjoy the scenery. I don't know how well you can see it, but in the second picture the clouds are hanging low over the mountain. This is one of the things I love about living here; you have different scenery every day because of the clouds!


This picture is walking south. The city of Vancouver is beyond those trees, across the harbor.


The rest of the pictures are facing north, toward home and walking uphill. The mountain in the distance is Grouse Mountain. See the ski hill, that little sliver of white near the top? The snow is almost all gone.



This one should have been sooner - it's at the south end of the park, just after I turned around to walk back home.

Facing north, on my left I can catch some peeks of the ocean and the bridge spanning the harbor into downtown Vancouver. Straight ahead (north) are the mountains (easy way to keep your directions straight here!), and to the right (east) are more mountains in the distance surrounding the valley. Of course, you have to overlook all the houses that get in the way!

2 comments:

  1. wow!! what a nature! wish to visit there someday;) ptl! thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some gorgeous pictures!! We just have pine trees growing on our roads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin