Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Famous Firsts

I found this on Barbara's blog, Stray Thoughts. It looked like fun to me, so if you do it too, let me know so I can come and read yours!

First Job: I think I babysat someone's little girl when I was about 13; just a one-time deal.

First Real Job: An industrial machine-quilter operator at a textile plant in SC, working 2nd shift (4 pm to midnight).

First Favorite Politician: Ronald Reagan

First Car: 1977 Mercury Bobcat. I bought it myself in 1983. It seemed like an old car at the time, but looking back, it was only 6 years old.

First Record/CD: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, by Gene Autry

First Sport Played: Kickball? I was never on a sports team, just whatever we played for PE.

First Concert: The Cathedrals, in Ft. Worth, TX, sometime in the 90s. We're not concert-goers!

First Foreign Country Visited: Jamaica, where my husband's parents are missionaries.

First Favorite TV Show: Little House on the Prairie

First Favorite Actor: Pernell Roberts, Adam Cartwright on Bonanza - he was so handsome! LOL

First Favorite Actress: Kathy Garver, Sissy on Family Affair

First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: A boy in TN named Dewayne

First Encounter with a Famous Person: I went to the same church as Ron Hamilton, aka Patch the Pirate, my senior year of high school. That's as close to famous as I've gotten!

First Brush With Death: My own death? Never, that I know of. Someone I knew - a little boy just a year or 2 younger than me, when I was about 7 or 8, who died of spinal meningitis. Very scary for a little girl!

First House/Condo Owned: Our little house in Ft. Worth - 3 bedroom, 1 bath, about 1200 sq. ft. Lived there 8 years.

First Film Seen: I seem to vaguely remember seeing Lady and the Tramp

First Favorite Recording Artist: Gene Autry! LOL

First Favorite Radio Station: WFBC, Greenville, SC - listened to Monty in the Morning getting ready for school every day. McDonald's introduced (?) the Big Mac during that time (mid-70s) and I memorized the little jingle for it because Monty would have contests every morning to see who could say it the fastest!

First Book I Remember Reading: Anne of Green Gables

First Meme You Answered on Your Blog: This 23 Things meme, way back in October, 2005 - I can't believe it's been that long!

1 comment:

  1. We weren't concert goers, either.

    If I'd been thinking, I'd have said Little Joe (Michael Landon) on Bonanza for the first favorite actor.

    Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin