Sunday, April 05, 2009

Taking a Break!

This is the week I've decided to take a break from writing on my blog and reading others' blogs. I think it's the best right now, as I need to stop, take a breath, and refocus on real life. Plus this is Easter Week; a break right now is perfect for taking some extra time to focus on what the Lord did for me!

My husband has been preaching for the past few Sunday nights on the Passover and the Lord's Supper and how they are connected in Scripture. One of the things he has taught is why he schedules our Lord's Supper service on Easter Sunday night, and of course, one of the preparations for the Lord's Supper is to examine your heart and confess and forsake any sin you find there. Another is to make it a time of memorial to Jesus' sacrifice - our Passover! Those two things together just confirmed to me tonight that this is the week the Lord wants me to take off from the hustle and bustle of the blogging world!

I hope that each of you will have a wonderful week preparing for Easter! I will miss reading your blogs, but I will still be checking my email. So if you'd like to be in touch for some reason, feel free to email. Otherwise, I will talk to you all sometime after Easter!

9 comments:

  1. Have a beautiful week Susan!!

    CHRIST is Risen Indeed!!

    Hugs~T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have heard your Pastor/husband's messages on Passover. My husband and I led one for our Church Home-Group last Friday night (I was rostered to lead, and enlisted hubby's help!)
    This Thursday night we will have a family celebration "as usual". It is such a precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful week Susan and enjoy your Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    May you and your family have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good Easter and time away. My darling hubby Mike is spending Easter in heaven this yr. He passed onto glory due to a heart attack on March 3. I miss him so much & wish he were here. Selfish I know as he would rather be there than here but I miss his so much. I do know he is having the ultimate Easter tho...

    ReplyDelete
  6. To my sweet blog friend, Cheryl . . . I had to come out of my break to let you know how very sorry I am to hear of your husband's passing! I looked for an email address on your blog but couldn't find one. I read how he passed on, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and at such a young age. My heart goes out to you, and I'm praying for you. Keep on keeping on, my sister! The Lord's arms are around you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful week. God is a great comforter, rest in God and have a good week , will be thinking of you.

    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan,

    It's been awhile since I've stopped by but I've just reentered the blogging world after a month away.

    I wish you and your family a very happy Easter and I hope you have a restful time away from blogging.

    Blessings,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    I hope you and your family had a lovely Easter!

    Blessings,

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin