Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mini Vacation

My family and I get to take a mini-vacation overnight Friday! We have some friends who own a time-share, and they need to use up some of their points, but they don't want to go anywhere. So they offered them to us. We're going up to Whistler, about 2 hours away, to spend the day Friday and Saturday. It's not a long vacation; just one of those slip-away kind that refreshes!

Since we'll be away for two days, and those two days are the ones we normally use to get ready for Sunday, Wes and I are doing most of our prep work early this week. He's getting Sunday's sermons as close to ready as he can, and I'm getting my Sunday school lesson ready - mostly mapping out my activities and songs and printing the coloring sheets to go with the lesson. I've also been making my grocery list carefully to include a few extra things to take with us. I figure those few extras will be cheaper than eating 6 meals out. They'll probably taste better too! We're planning to make our monthly shopping trip next Monday, so I'm getting that list ready, too. I was trying to work on both last night, and my head was spinning!

Our car is due to be finished on Thursday. We haven't had to rent a car, thanks to some good friends who have allowed us to use one of their cars. Our car had to have another new engine (still under warranty, praise the Lord!). It's hard to figure out what's going on with this car. I guess it's just life. That's what Wes says.

My father-in-law had surgery Monday on his shoulder and arm. He's doing well, just chafing at having to be still. He's a hard worker who loves to be active, and just sitting around doesn't suit him very well. They'll have to be in the US most of the summer for Dad's recovery, which is also hard on them as their hearts are in Jamaica. Dad hasn't lost his sense of humor. We talked to him yesterday and he was as crazy as ever. My sisters-in-law and I will start worrying when he stops giving us a hard time! ;) Please pray that he'll have a complete, quick recovery.

I don't know if I'll have a chance to be write again before the weekend, so if I don't, I hope you all have a great weekend! Spring has finally arrived here, so hopefully it's come to your next of the woods too!

6 comments:

  1. Susan~

    Have a great mini vacation!
    Will keep you father-in-law in my prayers!

    Hugs~T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great mini-vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time away, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful refreshing time! It´s important for those in the ministry to rest too.
    We had a lovely trip to South Spain and Portugal. We stayed with missionaries in each place. It was a wonderful time of fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray you are having a peaceful time. How wonderful to be able to get away!
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great time! (o:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin