Monday, April 13, 2009

Continuing On . . .

I'm back from my little blogging break! Thank you all who left little message and sent emails with encouraging words and Easter wishes! I had a lovely week. I had thought I'd have a horrible time staying away from blogs, but it turns out that once I had made the decision not to read any during the week, it was no problem to stay away. That is encouraging to me, because it tells me I'm not as hooked as I thought I was! LOL

We had a wonderful Easter. We had some visitors in our services yesterday, including 5 first-time visitors. Last night we had our Lord's Supper service - a full day of serving and worshiping the Lord. How thankful I am for my Savior's death, and how much more thankful for His resurrection!

My husband woke me with breakfast in bed this morning. What's the occasion? Today is my birthday! My children have given me extra hugs today, I've talked to my parents, some of our church folks have dropped by, I've gotten tons of messages from Facebook friends, and I even get a free burger at Red Robin tonight. What more could a girl ask for?! ;) The Lord is good!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happppy Birthday .....I am glad that it was joyful....
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back, and glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Susan!!! What a sweet husband you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Day After Your Birthday, Susan! Your post hadn't popped up on my bloglines last night before bed, so this wish is a little late. But I hope your day was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy "Late" Birthday! I hope you had a great day. I missed your posting last week, but I can certainly understand the need to take a break. I admit that I sometimes find myself using up too much of my time on the computer. It's easy to justify it when one is reading blogs that are edifying and uplifting, but still one has to be prudent. Thanks for being an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin