Monday, March 16, 2009

I Think It's Been a Monday

I usually love Mondays, as you know. Today was a Monday I could do without though. Actually it wasn't all that bad, just not how I'd planned for my day to go.

We had a great Sunday yesterday. Our church is having an attendance contest with Anchor Baptist Church, and yesterday was our Youth Sunday. We had 33 people in attendance, even though we only had one extra teen visiting. After church we ordered pizza and played games. We set up the Wii through our projector and shined it on the wall. We got some pretty good video of some of our folks Wii boxing (hopefully coming soon), including our esteemed pastor! :) I was surprised at how competitive some of the ladies were! We also took lots of our board and card games. One group played Boggle, while another played Mad Gab. I was in the Mad Gab group, and laughed myself into a headache. I love games like that, and I always end up laughing like a hyena - I can't seem to help it! It was so much fun, and I especially liked how easy it was to clean everything up.

Wes woke up this morning with a fever and a headache. He was having chills when we went to bed, so I was pretty sure he'd develop a fever during the night. Neither of us slept very well. He didn't feel well, and as his fever rose I got so hot that I couldn't sleep. He slept till about noon (much better after I got up, it seems!), then felt better. He still looks a little tired, but I guess it was just a 24-hour thing. Good!

Beth is spending her Spring Break helping a friend with some work. She loves to do it, but it requires her to be in place at 8:00 each morning. Wes normally takes her, because it's so early in the morning and a long way, but since he was sick I got up and took her. We left at 7:00. When I got back home I felt great - not tired at all. So I had some breakfast, started some laundry, cleaned up a bit from yesterday, and had some quiet time. Then I wilted. About 10:00 I lay down on the couch with my computer playing some music . . . and went out like a light. I woke up at noon, when the phone rang! I sure felt better after that!

I had to pick Beth up in the afternoon, which took another 1 1/2 hours because of traffic. Then supper and a library run. I did some online reading and surfing this afternoon too. So the grand total of work I got done today was 3 loads of laundry, straightening the house, and cooking. Not very productive, but I sure did get some rest. My hubby is better this evening and tomorrow is a new day.

A couple of ladies have left comments that they have awards on their blogs. I haven't meant to ignore those; I just haven't had a chance to acknowledge them - but I will soon!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Joannah

    http://linuxmemory.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that was sure some day--so today or whenever is catch up, nothing wrong with that.
    We love games too and have great memories of sweet fellowship, especially overseas of days and evenings of playing games, and such laughter. We really have found that back here in the states---or maybe it is my area--but sometimes it is hard and I miss it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin