Monday, March 30, 2009

Extraordinary Weekend!

Our church and family have had an extraordinary weekend! We're just full of praise for the Lord and what He did in our lives.

Wes, our men, and the pastors and men from eight (I think!) other independent, fundamental Baptist churches in British Columbia gathered at Camp Squeah in Hope, BC, for the annual Men of the Word Conference on Friday and Saturday. Dr. Eldon Martens was the guest speaker. From all indications, especially from our men yesterday, the teaching was outstanding. Men were talking about things they'd learned, wives were commenting on things their husbands had told them (and begun to change already!), and there were smiles on faces and joy in hearts. Bro. Martens preached both services for us yesterday. We had 37 people in attendance, and several people responded during the invitation, making important decisions in their personal walk with the Lord. I told Wes that I believe yesterday was one of the most exciting days in the history of our church!

While the men were away, Dr. Martens' wife was with me. Wes allowed me the most fun I've had in a long time - hosting a lunch for the other pastors' wives in our area to fellowship with and learn from Mrs. Martens! We enjoyed our lunch and then listened as Mrs. Martens shared some of her ministry experience and answered some of our questions. This was the first time we wives have gotten together like this - ever. We are all so busy with keeping our homes, homeschooling our children, helping our husbands in the ministry, and being wives to those husbands, that we don't often have the time to run away for a couple of hours all at once like that. I'm so glad the Lord and our husbands made it possible for us to do that. Beth and a couple of other teenaged girls provided babysitting, too - thanks, girls!

After lunch, I took Mrs. Martens to a thrift store. She's the same kind of shopper I am! LOL Beth, Mrs. Martens, and I each got one thing and we were done with shopping. I think we were all a little tired. I took her back to her hotel room early in the evening so she could rest, and she enjoyed a quiet evening reading, as did I. We fed the Martens' on Saturday evening and had a lot of fun fellowshipping over the dinner table. This is one of my favorite parts of the ministry - having preachers and their wives visit with us.

I will say that the Lord has been dealing in my heart over the past couple of weeks, and I'll probably be sharing some of that with you in the near future. Some things that Mrs. Martens said complemented what the Lord is doing, as well as some things I've read recently. Wes has been preaching on A Heart for God this year, which is our church's theme for the year. My deepest desire is to have a heart for God, and this weekend really brought my focus to Him. It's just been a good time of refreshment and revival for me.

I hope you all have a good week. I don't know how much I'll be blogging, but I'll be around. It seems we are always busy in the work the Lord has given us, but I want to share that with you and occasionally try to be a blessing to you. That's what keeps me blogging! Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Praising the Lord for such a weekend of refreshing for all of you UP there...sounds wonderful....looking forward to your future posts as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts and how the Lord is moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I am in the process of writing my thoughts down (so I don't lose them!), and hopefully will find the time to post some of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed a link to me on your sidebar -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry i have not been by as much lately. I have been busy and have only been visiting family blogs of late. I do try and swing by once a week or so and I enjoy meeting you on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Ann

    http://externallaptop.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin